• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Got a favorite local road?

kbasa

California Motorcycle Roads

Be prepared to waste a *lot* of time.

Here's the road by my house, Lucas Valley Road:

lucasvalley5.jpg

And here's a little farther up the road:

lucas-redwoods.jpg

What's it like by your house? Got a favorite?

Favorite Roads

Dave,

Arkansas mountain roads are great too!

Attachments

• es ride 1.jpg
    es ride 1.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 261
Favorite Roads

Lucas Valley Road is a good one. There are many Marin and Sonoma rides to choose from.

I've worked hard to stay off of the Mill Valley to Pt. Reyes ribbonb on Sundays. Pristine it is on a Monday spring day....

After moving from Marin to the foothills south of Yosemite, I found out there many great rides out my back door.

However, for a safe 100+ mph run for over an hour, the road to San Filipe in Baja was quite tasty in January.

Attachments

• dsc00008.jpg
    dsc00008.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
Favorite road in Maine

Hey Grommit,

One of my favorites is ME Route 113 (Evans Nortch NF), which weaves up the Maine/New Hampshire border, from Fryeburg to Gilead. It has about 30 miles rolling pastures to narrow and twisty two lane, complete with deciduous canopy in summer. It's gated until mid-May due to snowpack.

Attachments

• evansnotch.jpg
    evansnotch.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 173
121132-Medium.jpg

Also:
- Mattole Road, No. Cal.
- Chief Joseph Scenic Hwy (WY296), WY
- Kancamagus Hwy (NH112), NH
- CA33 between Ojai & New Cuyama, CA
- TN68 between Ducktown & Tellico Plains, continuing over Cherohala Parkway to US129
- The Cassiar, BC

And lotsa, lotsa GS roads here and there.......... :D

mully

Miles and miles of smiles in Idaho...like this section of Hwy 55 north of Boise.

Attachments

• p5190009sm.jpg
    p5190009sm.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 153
Hwy 49 from Nevada City to end. Sierraville, Downeville, Sierra City, Grey Eagle...
Chief Joseph Highway from west side of Beartooth to Cody. WOW!
Durango to Silverton Co. On to Teluride and down to Cortez. WOW!

The worlds full of 'em...How about Monument Valley to Valley of the Gods and up that unbelievable mesa to Fry Canyon. They're all over the place...:bliss

Too many to count (My top 5)

5. US 191 North out of Vernal Utah, followed by UT 44 and UT 43 around the western side of the Flaming Gorge.

4. Talimina Skyline Drive between Talihina, OK and Mena, AR

3. US 12 between Lolo, MT and Lewiston, ID

2. The combination of HWY 16, 23, 21, 7, and 174 in Northwest Arkansas

1. Missouri HWY 125 from Ozark to the ferry at Bull Shoals Lake (50 miles of on-camber turns and triple digit sweepers -- a road that will give you a hard-on).

I have a few in mind up here in the North East
1. rt 2 in western ma
2. a stretch of 111 on the ma/nh border
3. all of Block Island Not fast and not long but it is home and it is beautiful.
One note here on roads to avoid. 495 north and south at least between Lowell and Providence. I know it is a highway and maybe not all people would travel on it anyway but it is in terrible shape and I would suggest staying away....

Back