• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Klim airbag vest note

kbowman

I bought a Klim/In&Motion airbag vest a few months ago. I've been wearing it every ride since. No deployments, fortunately!

I had one minor issue that I wanted to warn other users about. The electronics module is roughly the size and shape of a cell phone (see Photos 1 and 2). It attaches to the vest by sliding into a recess in the molded plastic back panel. It is relatively easy to snap into place, but I found it difficult to remove - lots of friction.

To remove it, you push upward on a sliding latch (in the red circle) and then push to the right on the module. I was having problems getting it to snap out of its slot. I pushed inward too hard on the sliding latch and mangaged to separate it from the housing (Photo 3). I was able to snap it back into place, but I think there was some minor damage to the plastic tabs that hold the slider in place on the inside of the back panel. I sent it back to Klim to have them check it. They say they fixed it, although I can't see any difference from how it was when I sent it to them. In any case, it works.

So, make sure you use the semi-circular thumb-hole (green circle) to pull the module out of the slot. And don't push too hard on the sliding latch!

Cheers, Ken

Photo 1 - electronics module installed

Photo 1.jpg

Photo 2 - electronics module removed

Photo 2.jpg

Photo 3 - switch after I damaged it

Photo 3.jpg

Back