• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Life expectancy on a GSA

Some good advice here, but you need to take a good look at the other half of the equation - the asking price, and what you are willing to offer. Since he manages the dealership, I would try and talk him into some type of warranty. And I would deal with the owner of the bike, not a salesperson.

Also, I would ask to have the bike checked out by my mechanic (one that does not work at the sellers dealership).

E.

Last edited:
GSA Long Life

I put over 200,000 k on my 2015 GSA no issues. Regular maintenance and tires is about all. Sold the bike in 4 days when I purchase a 2020 GSA

I am thinking about buying a used 2014 GSA with 67,000 miles on it. The bike is currently owned by the manager of the BMW motorcycle dealership where I live. I am told it has been well maintained. I am looking for feedback regarding if this is a lot of miles for this bike, and how many more miles can I expect to get out of it if I maintain it well.
Thanks

Are you looking for life expectancy ON or OF a GSA?

ON refers to your life expectancy, whereas OF refers to that of your potential steed...

ON would depend a lot on your individual riding skill level and could be anywhere from 5 minutes to many years.

OF is a function of how well your bike has been treated in its life and mileage is certainly a factor, but not the only deciding one. There are many posts in these forums that should give you an idea of what to look for in a well used GSA, not the least of which would be the purchase price.

In any case, I suspect the investment will not be too extensive and I wish you luck in your new adventure.: wave:) :)

California highway patrol sells there 1200’s at 150,000 miles. Most are bought up instantly by funeral riders who often get 50-75 thousand more miles out of them
Clutch would be my only worry, as it’s a expensive change on non LC bikes

Back