• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Seats for R1200GSA - Sargent?

goodinemg

Looking for some slightly more comfy seats on 2017 1200GSA. Was looking at the Sargent seats; anyone try these?

Update:
Went with the new Sargent Model seat for the GSA. The only thing I can say is that I really wish I had done this immediately upon purchasing the bike. Find it way better than the stock seat, no complaints.

Last edited:
Every posterior is different and you'll find that some seats work better for some people than others. A buddy of mine and myself both use Sargent seats, his on a GS, and we are both happy. Excellent quality and service from these folks. As you may have heard before, when it comes to seats, YMMV.

Good luck!

PS Welcome to the Forum!

I don't know anything about Sargent seats.

But I do know the $775 I spent this spring for a custom made Russel Day Long saddle is the best $ I've ever spent on a motorcycle.
Mines Black leather with small black diamonds.
My wife who could give a rats a$$ about anything moto even said " Wow that looks nice!"
Not cheap for sure, but the best never is.
Nick

I bought a Sargent seat for my R1200GS. It is definitely better than the OEM seat. Two factors for me are that the price was reasonable and I did not have to give up my OEM seat pan.

Cheers, Ken

I agree, Sargent makes a fine well built seat. I put one on my Suzuki DR650 and the difference was night and day. So they can be comfortable too. My 1200GS has a Russel that feels like a rocking chair compared to stock.

Every posterior is different and you'll find that some seats work better for some people than others. A buddy of mine and myself both use Sargent seats, his on a GS, and we are both happy. Excellent quality and service from these folks. As you may have heard before, when it comes to seats, YMMV.

Good luck!

PS Welcome to the Forum!

+1 Every butt is different.

I do have a Sargent seat on my GS and love it. Good company, good product, good customer support.

A thumbs up on Sargent's saddles. I have had them on my last three BMWs- an 1150R, 1150RT and now on my 2018 1200GS Rallye. With around 45K miles on them, I know they are right for my kiester!
They have been a great company to deal with and their product holds up very well.

I have a sergeant seat for my GSA, it is ok, better than stock, but I would look at other reviews if you plan on doing some distances. the storage built into the seat is nice.

I have a Sargent. It's nice; feels good. Much better than stock. I've never tried any other seats on this bike to make a comparison.
Other bikes I always bought Corbin.

Back