• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Police K26 Seats?

gbernier

I just got back from a 1600+ mile trip on my 13' 1200RT and I don't think my rear will ever recover. eBay has a Police K26 seat listed for about $150...my assumption is that the Police need better comfort than stock seats. Anyone have any experience with these?

No experience with the police saddle for the RT, but I acquired a police saddle for my ‘04 K12GT. It made a good base for having a Russell saddle built. As it came the police saddle was lower, smaller, and more dished than the OEM saddle. Seat-to-peg distance was shorter on an already cramped bike, as was the total height of the saddle. I suspect other considerations, like ease of mounting and dismounting, may play a bigger role than long-term comfort in designing the police saddle.

My $0.02 is you’d be money ahead to save the $150 and put it toward the cost of a Russell.

Best,
DeVern

I just got back from a 1600+ mile trip on my 13' 1200RT and I don't think my rear will ever recover. eBay has a Police K26 seat listed for about $150...my assumption is that the Police need better comfort than stock seats. Anyone have any experience with these?

Something about older Butts and motorcycle manufacturers seats have been missed in translation. RDL seems to be the go-to for comfort.
If I lived closer, I would have already had a drive in fitting and on on the way. A friend of mine has an eye for picture taking and thinking of that route.
OM

No experience with the police saddle for the RT, but I acquired a police saddle for my ‘04 K12GT. It made a good base for having a Russell saddle built. As it came the police saddle was lower, smaller, and more dished than the OEM saddle. Seat-to-peg distance was shorter on an already cramped bike, as was the total height of the saddle. I suspect other considerations, like ease of mounting and dismounting, may play a bigger role than long-term comfort in designing the police saddle.

My $0.02 is you’d be money ahead to save the $150 and put it toward the cost of a Russell.

Best,
DeVern

Never thought of the different requirements that would go into the design of a police seat...very good points. I'll take your recommendation on the Russel route...thanks!

If you're talking about an OEM seat from a BMW police bike, it's exactly the same as the consumer models.

Back