• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2017 r1200gsa setting the date

joe garski

I seem to be having some trouble getting the correct date to stick in my display.
I've tried setting it with the toggle handlebar switches according to the owners manual instructions.
But when I cycle the ignition switch, it goes back to the incorrect date.
I've tried setting it with my GS911. It is telling me the the date change was successful.
I've disconnected the battery, same deal.
Now I have the battery disconnected, and I will try again in the morning.

I know this is a small thing, but it bugs me to death.

Any advice is appreciated.
Joe

I seem to be having some trouble getting the correct date to stick in my display.
I've tried setting it with the toggle handlebar switches according to the owners manual instructions.
I've tried setting it with my GS911. It is telling me the the date change was successful.
I've disconnected the battery, same deal.
Now I have the battery disconnected, and I will try again in the morning.

I know this is a small thing, but it bugs me to death.

Any advice is appreciated.
Joe

If you have a BMW Navigator connected, the bike may be getting the incorrect date from the GPS. There is a firmware update available to correct the problem. Connect the GPS to a computer via USB cable and run Garmin Express to get the update.

Do you have a Nav 5 GPS on your bike? If you have it set to control the date there was a software update early this year to correct that problem. Run the latest update and it may solve your problem.

Didn't see the reply above. Let us know if it works.

Last edited:
If you have a BMW Navigator connected, the bike may be getting the incorrect date from the GPS. There is a firmware update available to correct the problem. Connect the GPS to a computer via USB cable and run Garmin Express to get the update.

Updating the navigator did the trick!!

Thank you so very much for helping to preserve what little sanity I have left!

Joe

Back