• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

IBMWR ?? Whither???

I was just able to get on. I had not tried to visit for quite a long while. The site looks better than I recall, but still is not a beehive of activity.

The site looks better than I recall, but still is not a beehive of activity.

Some friends did a cleanup a couple of years ago, and the Marketplace was upgraded... but on-line engagement now happens in other realms....

I was a Marketplace Admin for a really long time, but gave it up this year because, while it's still the best place to find things for an honest price, the convenience and reach of other options is just overwhelming.

Gosh... 21 years ago, 5 years ahead of the MOA Forum.

“while it's still the best place to find things for an honest price“
Visian

Very True.

It’s the first used parts place I go to. At least for my buying and selling. Have used them for years and years.

It’s a volunteer site. So don’t forget to support them for their Marketplace. A token donation for received “Wanted” items, I’m sure, would be appreciated.

Charlie

Just tried to load an ad for cases that'll fit both R and F models, but doesn't seem to allow both subsets in ad. It also doesn't have a "wethead" subset, only an "R-Oilhead - to present" section. Loading came to a halt when trying to load four pictures. Had to cancel out. Anyone have same problem?

EDIT:

Followup: Tried again...ended up listing under "R-Oilhead - to present"...hope that works for individuals looking for wethead R & F model accessories.

Last edited:
Just tried to load an ad for cases that'll fit both R and F models, but doesn't seem to allow both subsets in ad. It also doesn't have a "wethead" subset, only an "R-Oilhead - to present" section. Loading came to a halt when trying to load four pictures. Had to cancel out. Anyone have same problem?

EDIT:

Followup: Tried again...ended up listing under "R-Oilhead - to present"...hope that works for individuals looking for wethead R & F model accessories.

The new app does not allow the same advertisement to show up in two categories.

It’s a volunteer site. So don’t forget to support them for their Marketplace. A token donation for received “Wanted” items, I’m sure, would be appreciated.

Yes, I've been a volunteer since the 90s. With the latest Marketplace it now costs $2 to run an ad, which helps offset costs. Still doesn't hurt to chip in a few bux.

And... while we are talking, I'd like to recognize the guy who coded the longest-running version of the app, Mark Ketchum (may he RIP)... super-talented guy whose day job was engineering incredibly impressive suspension bridges. Pretty sure he was an MOA member... I know that Admins Walker Powell, Tom Keen, Steve Huber (Ambassador) Rob Nye were all MOA members. Tom Childers recently rebuilt the Marketplace and refreshed the entire site. Walt Dabell, Art Campbell, Tom Coradeschi, "Two Truck" Ted Verrill (Ambassador), Andy Libby and Tony Bennett were all co-conspirators. The same guy who build the original MOA site, "Jacuzzi" Joe Senner (Ambassador) also built the first IBMWR.

A whole lot of time was put in by these people over the years. :bow

Ian

Last edited:
And let me add, I finally got ads posted in both R and F sections with pictures loading appropriately. I did look at their dealership listing...it is really in need of updating. Hammersly's of Lynchburg, Va. is still on there, think they've been gone 15 or 20 years. Lots of other closed dealers listed. However, I can see how it would be difficult to keep an open dealership list current - oops!...there goes another one.

Wouldn't ya know it? The day I list my item on IBMWR, after sitting for a while on MOA - it sells on MOA! Well, just have to consider the $4.00 spent at IBMWR a donation...especially if it helps get their dealership list updated.

Back