• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Phone mount for 1250RT using navigation mount - pictures included

imperialstout

I've been asking a lot of questions lately. Hopefully I can return the favor.

Based on some great input from this forum I picked up the WunderLINQ so that my phone would work on the bike. I still had to invent a mount but that was solved with a Short RAM arm, the X-mount, and a RAM ball. I had fun finding the right hardware to connect it to the WunderLINQ but then while browsing Amazon, I stumbled across hardware for installing a flat screen onto VESA mounts. Box had bolts in several sizes plus washers and spacers. Its not the most professional look but I like this solution.

For the WunderLINQ I didn't read the manual all the way and realized that for the K16/RT you have to edit the hardware settings so that it uses the RT setting compared to the GS mode. The actions are a bit different so definitely read the manual. I also had to install a beta version of the WunderLINQ software so that iOS would allow me to change the HW settings. The team at WunderLINQ were lovely and the Google Group for their product is worth a read.

Being able to show stats, music, or my map I find helpful. And its a bit in my line of sight so its like having a heads-up display. Whether the position works for you is debatable and personal to you. I now need a set of gloves that will work with the phone. Apple being Apple you sometimes just need to interact with the display. Its just how it goes. Not a WunderLINQ issue.

Anyway - hope this helps. Mods - hope its okay to start a new thread but if this belongs somewhere else, I apologize.

IMG_8251.jpegIMG_0531.jpegIMG_8252.jpeg

Brad,

Very nice install!

I am having apple being apple issues...

Mostly, if I have nav on, and want to mess with music, I have to swipe and move over. I am not really using the wonderlinQ wheel to move stuff. Not even sure if I like using it. I am not a "button pusher", so someday, unless I get an in person demo, I may just swap to a NAV. Oh, then the screen locks when I am on music. I guess I need to turn off my screen lock.

I haven't had the screen lock issue while riding as long as the phone is plugged in to power. Wonder if that is what's happening to you.

If your nav screen is NOT the WunderLINQ map app - then yeah - you may have to touch the screen to get back to the app.

All in all I know its not a perfect setup. But the idea of spending 1k on Garmin device just didn't sound palatable.

Back