• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

How to Improve Passenger Comfort?

pgm944

I'd like to improve the riding comfort for my wife when she rides with me.
She has two issues - 1) "nothing to hang on to" and 2) comfort (width) of the seat.
We ride with the truck with integral backrest and she uses the side grab handles.

Any upgrades y'all have done?
And no bad comments (like grab my love handles on #1, as I have none).

FYI - she is a great passenger. Sits and leans properly with the bike thru corners. Only quick hard braking do we knock helmets. Maybe she saw a HD with a "queen" seat and is jonsing for a better ride, in her opinion - not mine.

Have Russell make you a rear seat. As for the grab rail, maybe you can fab something off the bag mounts?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

My wife hade the same problem. About four years ago we road out to Maine from Michigan, and she was uncomfortable after some distance. She purchased a pillow on the way out but did not help. Before we left for home I found an upholstery shop and had them make a pad to go over the seat with risers that rested on the side cases. It was not covered, but it worked so good that I had it covered when we got home. It was made for a stock seat and sat flat. I later picked up a used Corbin which is wider, so it does not sit flat until she sits on it. You can see how it supports her on the one picture. The Corbin is better than stock seat for both of us, but the pad is still used on long trips. An extra pad was also added to trunk. Floor boards also helped with comfort. As for something to hang on to, my wife would like armrest, but is happy the way things are set up.

Attachments

• BA4AE69C-6615-4DB4-AA5A-921450383E28.jpeg
    BA4AE69C-6615-4DB4-AA5A-921450383E28.jpeg
    103.7 KB · Views: 102
  • 88322B4D-2BBB-4DC8-A6C7-804061C213C5.jpeg
    88322B4D-2BBB-4DC8-A6C7-804061C213C5.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 101
Get her her own motorcycle...? These bikes may last longer if you ride them solo anyways...final drive issues...etc..

Whatever you do....

.... don't take her for a ride on a rented Goldwing. damhikt!

My wife asked for "something to hold on to" because her legs got tired gripping the saddle, no matter how smoothly I tried to ride.

So... this solution. The seat is a Russell Day-Long, the Ztechnik arm rests were designed to fit a K12 LT, but attached onto my existing Jesse top box (which is NLA in this size). Not sure if the arm rests are still available, but there may be other similar products, especially to fit an RT.

DSCN2212-XL.jpg

Back