• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Marketplace pictures

Your file size does not look too large.
I wonder if the marketplace does not like pictures in Portrait mode??
When I uploaded a picture to the marketplace I did not see a option to rotate.

Edit: When I go back and look at your pictures again I see a couple were taken in landscape mode.
Not sure what the problem is.

Probably best to rotate the pictures on your computer, and maybe resize if needed, before uploading. We've had ongoing issues with images from iPhones (various OSs) where this is a problem.

Huh, hard to display with words! Open the camera app and turn your phone. Watch that the camera icon lacks behind you turning the phone.

When taking a picture with your smartphone watch the camera icon on the display. It should have turned so the camera icon is displayed in the way you holding the phone.

Most image editing apps on computers/smartphones have a 'rotating' function/feature.

/Guenther

If it is an iPhone, holding the phone so as the camera lens is in the upper left hand corner (as you see the phone) has helped with the rotation issue.
OM

Interesting that I see this thread literally minutes after adding my first-ever ad to the Marketplace. I, too, have a number of photos that need to be flipped -- in the ad. They are perfectly fine, in the proper orientation, on my desktop (Mac), and on my iPhone. Not sure how I'd rotate them, given they're all OK in my Photos App on the phone and Mac.

Mark -

From some picture upload tests that I and Gary did a while back, try rotating the original picture on your Mac 90 degrees counter clockwise, then save it to a temp file. Upload the temp file. Not that familiar with Macs or software available, but there should be some kind of "paint" program. Paintbrush? Does that ring a bell?

Not sure how I'd rotate them, given they're all OK in my Photos App on the phone and Mac.

The problem only manifests itself under certain conditions. Did you try taking one with the suggested orientation of your phone and test it in your marketplace ad? There is no way to rotate it there so you will need to delete and replace probably.

I'm a rotary dial guy in an I-phone world. It is said that our government spent a huge wad of money during the space race to develop a pen that would work in zero gravity. The Russians just used a pencil. So all I do is grab the monitor screen and turn it upside down:)

Back