• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Helmet cap/liner for hot weather?

PoorUB

Anyone try wear a cap under your helmet in hot weather? Some sort of wicking, fast drying fabric that should improve air circulation and reduce a sweating head?

My wife wears a silk balaclava that BMW sells.
I wear a liner sold by BMW called Ride Hat. I think it's silk.
We wear them all the time to keep the helmet liner clean.

I have used a wicking neck gator for years with great success. Something like this
I put it over my head so it covers my neck and then just pull the back up to cover the top of my head. This keeps your helmet from making your head itchy, covers your neck from the sun, and wicks away any sweat. You can wet it for additional evaporative cooling. Trust me, it gets hot in Arizona!

I have used a wicking neck gator for years with great success. Something like this
I put it over my head so it covers my neck and then just pull the back up to cover the top of my head. This keeps your helmet from making your head itchy, covers your neck from the sun, and wicks away any sweat. You can wet it for additional evaporative cooling. Trust me, it gets hot in Arizona!

Just ordered two of those from your link, thanks. I've got neck gaitors I wear constantly in the heat, but I like the idea of the linked priduct being long enough to cover the neck and be pulled up over the top of the head at the same time.
Thanks

We wear these, with under our motorcycle helmets and our ski helmets. One piece of advice, if I may, go with something other than grey or black. They tend to come off with your helmet, and you want something you'll spot easily in that parking lot.

https://www.racibabi.com/Helmet-Liners.aspx

I really like the looks of this product. I am going to have to order one and give it a try. As summer is advancing, here in Virginia, I am sweating more and more and am looking to help keep my helmet liner clean. Thanks.

Jay

RaciBabi is great. I received some before the rally last year and put about 18k on with it under my helmet. I have had a lot of liners and theirs was the best for me. I just retired it and will use a fresh one for the next 18k

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back