• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

When will the rally app be available?

App

No response from the important people, like a answer to the question, you had about 5 days to think about it!:scratch

I couldn't locate any info, other that Wi-Fi is "best effort" onsite. :scratch

And then my age asking what's an app? I kid...kinda

App

I kinda agree with you Steve but it was kind of handy not having to carry rally book for schedules etc plus nice to see pictures people posted on the way to the rally.
We want or need more and younger members and they need apps to tell them what to do and when.
Most questions have been promptly answered, I was just stirring the pot some as this question was not answered.

Edit: thanks Kurt I was thinking it came out a couple of weeks before rally not a couple of days before.
Anyone know why they can’t get it out a couple of weeks before the rally?:)

Anyone know why they can’t get it out a couple of weeks before the rally?:)

I found the rally ap incredibly useful at past rallies and, like others, would love to see it come out a bit earlier. I have a hunch, though, that whoever puts it out is also buried by several other volunteer duties.

Wish I had the skills to help out!

Pete

I wonder if a day to day listing of events here on the forum would be of help?
OM

The Rally website, rally.bmwmoa.org is available in a mobile form. All you need is the native browser on your phone. We are hoping to provide an app that would be downloaded to your phone, but it will work the same way as the website and have the same information. The rally website will continue to be the main place for information and it will be added throughout the rally. Bookmark the url rally.bmwmoa.org for the latest.

Ted

Last edited:
@t2moyer - granted, Ted. But the app integrated with my iPhone so I could seamlessly add seminars and such to my calendar, set reminders, and post pix of the experience. Whoever created that ought to get a bonus!

Pete

Agree with Pete...the rally app was a very well done and easy to use feature. As stated by another poster, young members would expect it.

The rally app was built by the same company that hosts our Membership Management web site: YourMembership.com

The previous app is actually built by Quick Mobile. It is an integration offered by our software provider as an add-on, but it has some limitations. Apps do have added functionality, but it comes at a cost. Several years ago our software company was pushing it at a very low price. The cost has since jumped 5x and given the number of people who downloaded the app, the functionality isn't worth the price. It also requires a tremendous amount of staff time to maintain the app, especially during rally week.

With the current rally website, we can enter the data once and make it available on multiple platforms, especially if we can integrate a true app, which is in the works. The primary goal was to make the information easily available in as many formats as possible. Adding some premium feature and functionality is next on the list.

The previous app is actually built by Quick Mobile. It is an integration offered by our software provider as an add-on, but it has some limitations. Apps do have added functionality, but it comes at a cost. Several years ago our software company was pushing it at a very low price. The cost has since jumped 5x and given the number of people who downloaded the app, the functionality isn't worth the price. It also requires a tremendous amount of staff time to maintain the app, especially during rally week.

With the current rally website, we can enter the data once and make it available on multiple platforms, especially if we can integrate a true app, which is in the works. The primary goal was to make the information easily available in as many formats as possible. Adding some premium feature and functionality is next on the list.

Thanks for the explanation...makes sense.

Rally App

Try using the website on your phone it sucks, thanks also to those who gave well reasoned answers to questions and to Ted for his response, it looks like the MOA took the cheap route to the detriment of the members and especially so to those younger members you so desire.

28C0EE9B-33EA-4372-A828-D087055807E9.jpeg067402A1-41C4-4B42-B486-D9F537F5A58B.jpeg166E6A62-2E7C-4D79-9A4D-E67B2D59D9FC.jpeg

YOU HAVE A MOA LOGO THAT WILL NOT GO AWAY
YOU HAVE A GUY HOLDING A PICTURE OF A MOTORCYCLE THAT WILL NOT GO AWAY
THE SCREEN SHOTS DO NOT DO JUSTICE TO HOW MUCH TRYING TO Use WEBSITE ON PHONE SUCKS!
I just spent some time comparing the rally website on the phone and on my iPad they are very different on the phone I cannot get the seminar schedule or the list of vendors.
Pictures you might as well tell people if the want to post pictures go to the Facebook site and piss off another group of members

Last edited:
It works great on my iPhone with AT&T.

Edit. Update. I see the main page, but there is no way to find seminars, rally schedule or vendors!

Voni
sMiling

Last edited:
More

On my iPhone 7 while on the rally website I used the search function to try and find the seminar schedule
One last screenshot

9AED4BB3-AA37-48E7-95E4-E075B9DD0559.jpeg

It works great on my iPhone with AT&T.

Edit. Update. I see the main page, but there is no way to find seminars, rally schedule or vendors!

Voni
sMiling

On my Android phone I click on the + next to All About the Rally.

When you get to the site on your phone, tap on the 3-bars in the upper right. A drop down menu appears which allows you to scroll looking for the seminars...it's under About the Rally. Tap seminars and then continue to scroll to find what's going on. It's hard to see everything that way, but at least you can get to the schedule.

Search

If you search for seminar schedule you get this

6D32CCF6-B9E8-41B0-A40F-480B9B505E29.jpeg

If you just search seminar you get this

0135CCB9-F7DB-479F-BFE4-FD284A3D3911.jpeg
It works but seems a bit picky
On my iPhone the plus + by the all about the rally does nothing
I am done unless I can find a picture of someone beating a dead horse

You know. I'm a self-described Geek. I played around with Kaypro CP/M machines and Next computers back when they were shiny and chrome (ref: Mad Max), fiddled with Unix for many years, have friends that manage data centers. I am as far from being a Luddite as one can be.

Thousands of years ago humans discovered writing. With that, they eventually invented a lightweight and portable means to carry the resulting information around: PAPER!

I don't mean to be cynical here but the seminar schedule is fixed yes? So why not just peruse the site right now (after you finish pig-piling me of course) and simply write down the seminars and their times on a piece of paper and stick it in your wallet? I mean, if you ABSOLUTELY MUST use your preferred portable digital assistant, you could use your favorite "Notes" app.

I've never been to a Rally before so perhaps I just haven't been spoiled by have some slick mobile app but, I don't know, this just doesn't seem to me to be such a big deal...

Back