• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Difficulty removing brake cable from brake lever (R75/5)

htwashere

Hello fellow MOA'ers, I am currently changing the handlebar over to a low bar. Currently, I am at the step removing the front brake lever. I am having difficulty releasing the cable from the brake lever. I have taken out the pivoting screw, and the tension screw is already turned all the way in. It seems there is still not enough slack for me to work with the cable. My next plan is to be disengaging or loosening the cable tension from the brake drum so that I can gain more slack with the cable - would you agree that is the right step? Thanks. Henry.

You're on the right track. When you reassemble, take up the slack first at the drum, leaving room to fine tune your adjustment at the handlebar lever. Good luck,
gp

You're on the right track. When you reassemble, take up the slack first at the drum, leaving room to fine tune your adjustment at the handlebar lever. Good luck,
gp

Thank you Gary, sorry for late response, I don't know why I did not get a notification for any replies. I did remove the cable at the drum and that gave me the slack to proceed.

Back