• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

ABS Brake Failure Warning light

SRBaldie

I replaced the battery and just noticed the ABS battery failure warning light is flashing and will not stop. Did I read somewhere that some sort of re-setting might be required due to the disconnecting of the battery?

I think once you drive a short distance, and the battery becomes fully charged, it will go back to normal.

SRBaldie said:
Did I read somewhere that some sort of re-setting might be required due to the disconnecting of the battery?

no, you shouldn't have to do any sort of "re-setting" in terms of abs. the new battery is probably just slightly below peak charge and causing the ABS to fault. A 10 mile ride, pulling over to the side of the road shutting the bike off the turning it back on is all you really need to do.

the only thing you need to re-set is the throttle positioning sensor. after removing a battery and replaing it with a new one (or disconnecting a battery for any reason) you should (before turning the bike on) open and close the throttle all the way 2 times to re-set this sensor........

On my 99 R1100R I have to have the engine running, engage the tranny, cut the engine off, leave the ignition on, hit the ABS button on my dash, and the restart the engine. Quirky but works for me.

Back