• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Has anybody replaced a side case cover like this? '12 R1200RT K26 CamHead WN88 Beige

BruceinLA

I'm having trouble finding out if the replacement comes with graphics, the original one has clear coat over all the graphics, it does not feel like a sticker over paint.

I can find the part number for the rt cover 46 63 8 530 702 $791.00

and a part number for the "decal design" 46 54 8 528 324 $190.00

I am trying to find out if the new right cover already has the graphics on it, or I have to order the "decal design" and have it clear coated to match the left side

(I need to replace/repaint the RIGHT side, left shown for I.D. only)

Bruce

Attachments

• K26 side cover WN88.jpg
    K26 side cover WN88.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 197
Me too

I have the same paint and almost the same scratch. If you find anything, please share with me.
I'm having trouble finding out if the replacement comes with graphics, the original one has clear coat over all the graphics, it does not feel like a sticker over paint.

I can find the part number for the rt cover 46 63 8 530 702 $791.00

and a part number for the "decal design" 46 54 8 528 324 $190.00

I am trying to find out if the new right cover already has the graphics on it, or I have to order the "decal design" and have it clear coated to match the left side

(I need to replace/repaint the RIGHT side, left shown for I.D. only)

Bruce

My guess is that you will need to get the panier repainted and put the graphic sticker back on top.
I don't think BMW sells the panier cover with the graphic already on it.
If you get it repainted don't forget to get another reflector. The original one will need to be removed for the paint job.

Have had to replace graphics on most replacement painted pieces. The easiest way to find out is ask the parts person at a dealer. If they are not sure, ask them to find out for you.

Some models now only have generic primered parts, where when they were new, you could select any of the color options. Wedge K's have fallen into the primered only on all but a few colors and select parts.

And most high end painters can match and repair damage most the time. Have saved folks a lot of money with a repaint, including a few of ours. The price of a cover has gone crazy from a few years ago.

..The easiest way to find out is ask the parts person at a dealer...

Best advice yet.

My '06, which uses the same case but has no graphics, would take part 46 54 7 679 271 GRANITE-GREY, $650.57 at Max BMW.

Maybe the price difference reflects the cost of the graphics?

If the parts department can/will not answer the question, order the cover only, then order the graphics later if needed.

The part number for the primer-only lid is shown as N/A.

Yes you have correct part #. When it says "with applications" you have the part with the clear-coated decals.
Don't order separate decals.

Description
COVER RIGHT - LIGHTMAGNESIUM

Part #
46 63 8 530 702

Price ea.
$792.77

FOR VEHICLES WITH LIGHT-MAGNESIUM METALLIC/MAGNESIUM-BEIGE (CODE: WN88) WITH APPLICATIONS

I did see the "with applications" note, just looking for confirmation, thank you!

now to work out a gps and mount !

That mount looks like it will work... do you use the Sirius radio at all?

I read gps mounts may cause sat radio problems on the RT

Case Lid

It might be easier to have a good painter match the graphics and color.
Or, check out someone that has experience in vinyl wrap. Bet they can match the graphics and at the same time provide protection for the next time the bike takes a nap. :wave

Back