• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Russell sport seat reviews? 2016 R1200RT

No typo

You have to have a typo $1,700???

$ 1,700 with tax in CA PLUS shipping of $45.00 plus my seat

new front sport seat w/heat (retain factory heat) and suspension upgrade for 200lbs plus
new rear sport seat with drivers backrest w/heat (retain factory heat) and pouch
both in all leather
See detail below
Bike Color: Blue Planet Metallic

Bike Modifications: None

Seat Position: Low

Box Position: Not Adjustable

Ordering Notes: Factory is fine. Factory seat only offers low and high. There is NO middle position.

Item Price Code: S-3

Item Solo/Dual: Dual

Item Type: Sport

Cover Material: All Leather

Cover Color: Other Color

Insert Color: Brown Bomber Leather

Side Color: Black Leather (textured)

Quilting Pattern: Half Moon (not available with Sunbrella)

Driver Suspension: Yes

Passenger Suspension:

Built-In Drivers Backrest: Yes

Drivers Backrest Pouch: Yes

Recover Existing Drivers Backrest:

Recover Existing Drivers Backrest Price Code: SMALL Driver Backrest and SMALL pouch

Recover Passenger Backrest: Yes

Recover Passenger Backrest Price Code: B1

Heating Solo/Dual:

Retain Stock OEM: Dual

Rain Covers:

Existing Saddle:

Sending Images: I will be sending image at a later date

Embroidery Design:

Delay Sending Seat: Yes

Sub-Total: 1575.00

CA Residents add Tax: 118.13

Shipping Charge: 45.00

Insurance: 16.00

Total Charges: 1754.13

it better be good!!
BTW Jay is the guy whom I dealt with as well.

Last edited:
$ 1,700 with tax in CA PLUS shipping of $45.00 plus my seat

new front sport seat w/heat (retain factory heat) and suspension upgrade for 200lbs plus
new rear sport seat with drivers backrest w/heat (retain factory heat) and pouch
both in all leather
See detail below
Bike Color: Blue Planet Metallic

Bike Modifications: None

Seat Position: Low

Box Position: Not Adjustable

Ordering Notes: Factory is fine. Factory seat only offers low and high. There is NO middle position.

Item Price Code: S-3

Item Solo/Dual: Dual

Item Type: Sport

Cover Material: All Leather

Cover Color: Other Color

Insert Color: Brown Bomber Leather

Side Color: Black Leather (textured)

Quilting Pattern: Half Moon (not available with Sunbrella)

Driver Suspension: Yes

Passenger Suspension:

Built-In Drivers Backrest: Yes

Drivers Backrest Pouch: Yes

Recover Existing Drivers Backrest:

Recover Existing Drivers Backrest Price Code: SMALL Driver Backrest and SMALL pouch

Recover Passenger Backrest: Yes

Recover Passenger Backrest Price Code: B1

Heating Solo/Dual:

Retain Stock OEM: Dual

Rain Covers:

Existing Saddle:

Sending Images: I will be sending image at a later date

Embroidery Design:

Delay Sending Seat: Yes

Sub-Total: 1575.00

CA Residents add Tax: 118.13

Shipping Charge: 45.00

Insurance: 16.00

Total Charges: 1754.13

it better be good!!
BTW Jay is the guy whom I dealt with as well.

Wow, I'm still shaking my head. I too went for a RDL for my 14RT after a year on the stock seat. I too got full leather solo, recovered the passenger seat, retained heating and rain covers. Total delivered to me was $773, that's why I had to check. The seat to me is worth it, RDL is the only way to go!

Last edited:
Wow, I'm still shaking my head. I too went for a RDL for my 14RT after a year on the stock seat. I too got full leather solo, recovered the passenger seat, retained heating and rain covers. Total delivered to me was $773, that's why I had to check. The seat to me is worth it, RDL is the only way to go!

After dicking around with 5 other seats (2 came with the bike), I finally realized that I cost myself a hell of a lot of money trying to save some money. :banghead

PS - in my defense, I went to Russell first but got put off by the woman I talked to there. Took me a while to circle my way back to them.

Sounds about right.

If you add the driver backrest $340, the pouch $ 110 and the RDL Sport pass seat (Not a recover), the recover of the pass backrest on the top case $ 200, plus 10% sales tax you're just about there.

Like I said, it better be good.

Back