• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Schuberth SC1 Advanced Intercom question

lstayner

Schuberth SC1 Advanced Intercom question. Has anyone bought this for the C4 helmet? My C3 helmet is on its last leg and I want to upgrade to the C4. Also, does the C3 handlebar remote work with the SC1 system?

I did not see any replies to your query, so I may add little info that may not really help all that much. LOL

I did buy a C4 with the SC1. I have not fully utilized its potential (I have only had it for a month or so.) So far, I like the set-up. I have used it for bluetooth streaming music from my Android phone. Phone calls are acceptable to me. This is my first time with a helmet geared toward voice, music, etc. I intend to use it communicate with my wife's Shark helmet with a Sena 20S (to be installed.)

I do not have the handlebar remote, but after some searching around, I still could not confirm if the C4 will work with the C3 remote. It seems logical that they should work together. It may pair up, but if you get the C4 and it does not, you can still operate the functions on the SC1 unit, via the buttons. I realize the handlebar remote is a safer alternative to reaching up with the left hand, but.......

You may opt to contact Schuberth directly and pose that question before you spend anything on the upgrade. A lot of reviews of the helmet never really discuss the old remote usage.

Schuberth SC1 Advanced Intercom question. Has anyone bought this for the C4 helmet?

My wife and I purchased C4s and SC1 Advanced at the first of this year.
At first the volume was way too low on the SC1. Engle Motors made some calls and it was decided I should change the firmware back to the original 1.0 firmware and this took care of our volume problem.
We have the RC4 remotes and we do not use them because we can not feel the small buttons with gloves. The two buttons on the SC1 Advance mounted in the helmet are easy to feel.

sena_rc44_button_remote_750x750.jpg

Older handlbar remote

Sena finally answered my question. The older handlebar remote will work with the newer Sena systems. That saves me a few bucks. :)

Back