• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

RIP John McCain

I just saw a tribute to John on the news last night. Apparently, and according to him, he was near the bottom of his flight school class and he crashed 2 planes, not just the one that got him captured in Viet Nam. Quite a remarkable guy and what a great outlook on life, and, his impending death. He lived North of me in Cornville, which is a very little town south of Sedona.

RIP John!

I didn't always agree with him, but often I did. Either way I believed he came to his positions honestly and from his beliefs about what was best for the country. If we had more in the Congress with his character, conviction, and commitment - across a range of political views - maybe more good would get done for the people. :usa

John McCain

John McCain, Duty - Honor - Country.

Just finished Ken Burns Vietnam Series on Netflix when the news came in.

To think of what he went through as a POW.....wow. Men that survived that are just cut from a different type of cloth IMHO.

Very sad to see him go.

RickR90s

I grew up living in a housing area near Oceana Naval Air Station. We had many Navy pilots in our neighborhood. When a carrier would deploy to Vietnam things were pretty glum on our street. Soon there were regularly pilots that did not return because they were KIA, MIA or captured. I remember a couple of kids with dads that were missing and that they hoped were prisoners. One of my high school friend’s dad was on the Forrestal along with McCain. His dad wasn’t a pilot and returned with the ship. McCain was stationed at Oceana and lived in our general area, but we had no contact with him or his family.

He died the same day my dad did. Being Canadian, his pure devotion to his country had to be respected. I respect what he believed and what he thought was best for his country.

Back