• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

RIP Jack Riepe

As an Airhead owner I enjoyed the way Jack would mock R Bike Riders. His imitation of the Boxer engine was priceless.

I never met Jack, but I always got some good chuckles by reading his articles. Bringing a few smiles into the lives of others is an admirable accomplishment. RIP

From FaceBook on Jack's page:

Author… Humorist… Speaker
Jack Riepe was born and raised in Jersey City, New Jersey, and began his writing career as a political publicist. Exhausting that sector’s truth and moral inspiration in a few brief years, Riepe moved on to corporate public relations, specializing in business travel issues for major trade associations. He became associate publisher of Business Travel Executive Magazine in 1988, introducing a humor column to an industry that elevates solemnity to a virtue.
Riepe wrote Politically Correct Cigar Smoking For Social Terrorists in 1998, a collection of short stories and essays defining this social ritual and redefining male sensitivity. It was followed 13 years later by Conversations With A Motorcycle, the author’s account of his first two years in the saddle. Regarded by many as a legitimate Bildungsroman (coming-of-age novel), serious riders and discerning readers relate to Riepe’s sense of humor de noir.
Riepe writes about stuff that has happened to all of us — in romance, travel, marriage, business, illicit affairs, first arrests, and every aspect of common life — he just admits it happened to him… And he’s not afraid to go into detail.
Riepe is a columnist for the BMW MOA’s Owners News as he is a devotee of German motorcycles that move at the speed of light. He is a frequent speaker at motorcycle rallies and claims to vacation in a South American Witness Protection Program. He supports the legal profession and gets divorced every seven years. - Susan Stepanski

I enjoyed Jack’s humour while having supper with him at a bar during the Des Moines Rally. He was a joke a minute. I don’t often open the Owners News, but when I do, it is always Jack’s articles that I read. Despite some complaints about him often being extremely chauvinistic (or political incorrect) in many of his articles, his depictions were so outrageously exaggerated beyond belief (for the sake of the story) that I found it quite surprising that some some took him to task for his writing as if he were actually serious about his stereotypes.

Possibly his illness explains the difficulty in completing his final book for which many had been waiting to receive.

RIP Jack.

I'm glad I did get to meet him at the MOA rally in Lebanon in 2019. I was happy to be able to tell him how much I enjoyed his column. I too will greatly miss his humour. The last one I read really touched a nerve for me.

Back