• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Klim Induction jacket owners - info requested please

dbcasey

Enjoy the ride!
I'm interested in the Klim Induction jacket. I currently have a Rev'it Air jacket that's seen better days. How well does the Induction flow air?

To me, color plays a big part of how cool a jacket will keep you. I try to stay with light gray or similar. With the Induction, I really like the Blue one, but I'm wondering if the blue shown on the Revzilla site is the real blue of the jacket? Does the Blue get hot compared to Gray?

Any additional info that's good to know before pulling the trigger on the Induction Jacket?

Thank you in advance,
DBC

Best mesh jacket I have owned.

I have the gray/hivis version and couldn't be happier. The fit, materials and airflow are what you would expect from a premium brand. I bought the Induction to replace a five-year-old Olympia Airglide 3. I thought that jacket worked well from the airflow standpoint but when I first wore the Induction I was amazed when I felt air flowing across my back. The D30 armor is far superior in every way to the CE armor in the Airglide. I also appreciate that this jacket is machine washable.

I have no experience with the color you referenced.

I've got the blue Induction jacket and had the first generation Induction jacket in mostly grey. I don't notice any difference in the overall temp or that the Blue is any hotter than the Grey I had. WhatI I don't particularly care for with any of the mesh jackets I've owned, including Olympia, Icon, and Klim, is the inside liner material tends to stick to your bare parts, like arms, when you sweat.

But to answer your question, I've not noticed the Blue is any hotter than the grey....

I'm interested in the Klim Induction jacket. I currently have a Rev'it Air jacket that's seen better days. How well does the Induction flow air?

To me, color plays a big part of how cool a jacket will keep you. I try to stay with light gray or similar. With the Induction, I really like the Blue one, but I'm wondering if the blue shown on the Revzilla site is the real blue of the jacket? Does the Blue get hot compared to Gray?

Any additional info that's good to know before pulling the trigger on the Induction Jacket?

Thank you in advance,
DBC

I have the Blue Induction and have been using it this season. I upgraded from an older Grey Tourmaster Mesh jacket(Air Intake I think). Both jackets are full mesh and flow a ton of air. I am confident that the Klim mesh should hold up better and the armor is absolutely better than the old tour master. I cant tell any difference from one color to the other in the heat stopped at a stoplight. Both are hotter than wearing a tshirt. But I cant tell any difference between the two. While rolling I cant tell any difference either. I've read all of the studies and would guess the blue is a few degrees warmer than the grey, but I am not sensitive enough to feel it.

I really like the both jackets. The Klim fits a bit tighter which should hold the armor in place better. My BIGGEST gripe with the KLIM is I wish there were some adjusters in the waist area. There are no adjusters anywhere except the elbows. There are no attachment points to a belt or pants either. I also wish they'd release some matching mesh pants. All are minor gripes and far from deal breakers.

The color is pretty true on Klim and Revzilla (at least on my computer). In my opinion its a damn fine looking jacket. I do worry that the blue can blend a lot more than a high vis, but I love the color and am willing to live with the increased risk. I would definitely recommend the Klim Induction and I'd buy it again.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Back