• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

how to pick up a dropped bike?

When you have a 30” inseam and a 37” seat height there are plenty of times when the ground just isn’t there.:ha

I sit here recovering from hernia surgery and nodding my head.

I have had gravity reach up and grab me, have " at least once" either not verified or completely extended sidestand. The surprise on a wet and muddy concrete gas station island has caught me twice when setting foot down. Some models lift easier, some are bears and sometimes you just need some help.Our KTM 390 is like picking up a mini bike, my loaded GSA takes some thought. (Don't tell H I got to pick her 390 up after not verifying the stand was down). Setting your right foot down on a loaded GSA and encountering a lack of footing is a slow motioned nightmare you are not going to stop.

It isn't experience level as much as dumb luck.
My dumb luck ran out headed to the Rally trying to right my former bro-in-laws bike one evening at hotel. I was tired, already thinking I had an issue coming on when I was summoned from the check in desk to go help my bud. Both of us lifted with knees bent, but with the help, I was out of my usual stance and felt a burning pop:banghead
Needless to say, the Rally wasn't as fun as I had planned as I cancelled my planned western state swing afterwards and limped home. The injury was probably going to happen at some point and I was just grateful it wasn't while solo on a back road I would have been on.

Anyways, lift smart, get help if even questionable, and watch out for gravity...it's lurking for all of us.

Steve, you are due, way over due actually, for an extended period of extremely good luck. I am of a mind to send you $20 to play the lottery for me.

Steve, you are due, way over due actually, for an extended period of extremely good luck. I am of a mind to send you $20 to play the lottery for me.

:wave Thanks Kevin

I had a 4 week kitchen pass and not spending it like I had wished. Another year missing Going to the Sun when it is open all the way and maybe not detouring all the wildfires in all the planned routes.
I will never doubt how bad someone says a hernia can sideline them ever again. H told me to quit picking other folks bikes up...I asked if that meant hers as well:whistle
At least it's August and the harshest month here and I have a reason to hide inside.

Back