• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

We Need to Give This Guy a Free Lifetime Membership

Ahhh yes, Mr. Flat Earth. Heā€™s just out to answer the question of how one orbits a flat planet. :confused:

Best,
DG

Just think of the ways he could have gained the information he wanted for a bit less than $20,000. A plane ride, a balloon ride, a drive in the Rockies an elevator ride up One World Trade Center or a dose of LSD.

He must have watched that video of Evil Kneival jumping that ditch on a rocket bike. :dance Make that trying to jump that ditch. I guess he really didn't quite make it. Seems like I remember a parachute being deployed. :scratch

Just think of the ways he could have gained the information he wanted for a bit less than $20,000. A plane ride, a balloon ride, a drive in the Rockies an elevator ride up One World Trade Center or a dose of LSD.

Pretty sure he already tried the LSD approach.

This was Plan B. :dance

Lawnchair Larry

Don't forget Lawnchair Larry who tied 45 helium weather balloons šŸŽˆ to a patio chair and took off in his airship called Inspiration I, what could go wrong? The landing plan was to carry a BB gun and shoot out balloons one at a time until be gently floated down. The miscalculation he did not need that many balloons so he shot up realy fast and realy high and it got realy cold and he dropped the gun, after that he floated into LAX airspace got tangled in some power lines caused a blackout and lived, 11 years later at age 44 he died, cause of death suicide apparently he never regained that 15 minutes of fame.

Thanks Wikipedia for filling in the details of Larry Walters

Back