• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

LED turn signal lights

davef

Does any one have a source for CAN Bus compatible LED turn signal lights and head lights? I've been to SuperbrightLED.com but the H7 bulbs will not fit properly in the cavity around the bulb. There is no way the spring clips can be fastened. Their tail lights aren't CAN Bus and I don't want to have to find a location for the resistor adapters. Spectrum has a bulb but it's $100 for a pair.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bimmian-...bs-Amber-Illumination-Pair/49541320#read-more

What do ya'll do?

Dave

For turn signals, Dynamic Motorrad. No issues there, very bright, you will love them. get the yellow ones.
For headlight LO I use HID from DDM Tuning. Same, no issues and am happy with. Much better vision
in the dark, and use 35w 4500k. For HI am using a Wisselicht Illustro. Not cheap at all, and not easy to
install!! For brakes a set from SuperBright LED's. Much more brighter, but yes, need to use one resistor.
One is enough, no need for two. But keep in mind, it gets very hot, so it needs to be free from touch.
If you don't want to install a resistor, don't! Will have the light out symbol on the bord, so what? Will get used to.
Next symbol will be the flat tire, when the TPMS senders run out of batteries :nod
Here is a pick of the diference between OEM lights and LED's:

Attachments

• IMG_0519.jpg
    IMG_0519.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 221
for turn indicators you can't go wrong with Dynamic Motorrad....VERY bright, plug and play...

for H& headlight...i use Cyclops LED....great lights, easy to install (you will need to cut the bulb cover to accomodate the fan) if you remove the headlight assy (easy job really...about 20 min)

https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/led-headlight-bulbs.html

i have their LEDs in both my 13RT and 15s1000r....VERY bright and no issues whatsoever...:)

wyman

for turn indicators you can't go wrong with Dynamic Motorrad....VERY bright, plug and play...

for H& headlight...i use Cyclops LED....great lights, easy to install (you will need to cut the bulb cover to accomodate the fan) if you remove the headlight assy (easy job really...about 20 min)

https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/led-headlight-bulbs.html

i have their LEDs in both my 13RT and 15s1000r....VERY bright and no issues whatsoever...:)

wyman

I have Cyclops Leds in my 2005 RT. Can I replace the side lights, just outboard of headlights with Leds?

Headlight upgrade

I'm looking to replace the poor headlight on my 2018 RT. I've been trying to research and want someone who may have done the change from Halogen to LED. I think the cyclops are good bulbs but trying to find what will work is difficult. The other question are they H7?

I did see where I have to remove the speakers to gain access to the headlight. I am mechanically inclined and have done a lot of work on motorcycles. This is my first BMW so it's all new to me.

I see the Fan attachment on the back for cooling purposes. I guess modifying the cover is needed to for this type of bulb.

Any other advice anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Lastly can the same bulb be used for both high and low beam?

TIA!

Regards

I see the Fan attachment on the back for cooling purposes. I guess modifying the cover is needed to for this type of bulb.

Any other advice anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

I am in process of same thing on an older model because of being tired of pulling head light and changing bulbs.

Check here for your year model. They told me "new" product fits under covers and "will not over heat head light unit". I wonder????

https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/BMW-R1200RT-LED-headlight-bulb-kit_p_194.html

GD

Dave, I installed Dynamic Motorrad LED turn signal bulbs (front and rear). I called them first to see if they gave any discounts and they gave me a discount for being an MOA member. I like them -- easy to install and BRIGHT!

I also installed HID headlights purchased from DDM. Kind of a PITA to install because of the placement of the ballasts and removal of the windshield and headlight assembly, but doable. I did not separate the headlight assembly from the instrument cluster; there is enough room to remove it from the bike (2011 R1200GS) and work on it at a work bench. They are BRIGHT also.

Back