• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2010 r1200gsa rear shock leak- upgrade time?

prairieguy

Hey guys, as the title says, rear shock on my gsa just started leaking, as it sits hibernating in my unheated garage. I was going to have it taken in to my local dealer/mechanic for the front end recall, but perhaps it’s time for a new suspension?
I’m considering touratechs’ esa front and rear full suspension. I’m planning a 2-3 week trip this summer on some rough terrain/questionable rods. I would appreciate some input on suspension kits and prices, given my planned use for this year. I’m the second owner, and it has been through some rough service in the past for sure.

Thanks everybody

Second on call to Ted Porter

Ted was very helpful and knowledgeable when I replaced the suspension on my 2009 RT.

I sent Ted an email inquiring about a rear shock. He called me a day later and spent 30 minutes explaining the pros and cons of various options. He is very knowledgeable and provides great customer service.

BeemerShop!

I had an informative discussion with Jeff at BeemerShop. It turns out my Gsa has already had its rear shock replaced( there is a wilbers installed ). He educated me on the weak points of the stock rear shock.
It’s going to be expensive, but I believe a proper upgrade is in order. I’ll be doing a front and rear upgrade at the same time, most likely with TFX shocks, and the esa will be gone. There will be a bit of a learning curve regarding setting my shocks for different road (roadless) conditions. But, that’s what makes bikes so much fun!

Last edited:
Back