• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW Motorrad, GPS, and Dealer POIs

That's strange, when I loaded the J file I lost the BMW icon on the Go To page and all the dealers.
I reloaded the G file and it's back to normal.
I think it's best if I stick with the "almost up to date list" :)

I downloaded the most recent update from the US site, got the H file, copied it to my Zumo, deleted my G file. It loaded fine, but of course was out of date. Of the three nearest listings, Hilliard is out of business and Holt is no longer a dealer.

Tried again from the Canadian site, got the J file, deleted H, works fine. Somehow the new file is over twice the size of the old one.

IIRC we could install POIs with the POI Loader utility. For whatever reason the utility works to install the BMW POIs on the PC but can't find a gpx file to install to the Nav.

The BMW Dealer Listing would work a whole lot better if BMW.com just put all countries on it and you could pick and choose what is needed.

Over 20+ years ago, I generated a European list for my travels there. What a job that was!

You would think it is in a manufacturer's best interest to list their dealers. Its not like it is some national security secret.

Anonymous Book App

I know it’s not direct to GPS, but may be a helpful alternative; the anonymous book app has the address and phone number of every dealership in America and Canada.

So where is the BMW Database located on the BMW or Garmin site now? I can't find it on the US or Canadian sites.

The last database that I have is from 2021, D0743030J.gpi

Back