• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Diagnostic plug location 1100rtp

txtinman

Ride on!
Trying to find the diagnostic plug on a friend's 2000 r1100rt-p. Anyone know where it is?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Should have been on the top of air box close to tank , the harness won't let you move it too far

Are you trying to use a GS911 on it? If so, and adapter is needed and the functionality is limited on 1100's

I plan to use the gs911 if I can find the plug. I've looked all over and it is not to be seen. They wouldn't pull them off of these old police bikes, would they?

I think I got my 1100 and 1150's mixed up. The 1100 does not have the round plug...thinking it's a flat blue one on left side

headed out to shop to look at an 1100

Do not want to hijack thread but talking about diagnostic plug so in same ball park what is the bmw MoDiTec unit and what does it do?
Thanks

Thanks for the help. I will try to find an adapter. We were trying to troubleshoot the fuel pump. I think he's going to get a replacement and see if that makes it run.

Thanks for the help. I will try to find an adapter. We were trying to troubleshoot the fuel pump. I think he's going to get a replacement and see if that makes it run.

Adapter? It's possible I am wrong, but I don't think the typical GS911 can connect to the R1100RT. The company (Hexcode) makes a completely separate device that ONLY connects to the 3-pin interface found on the R1100RT and some other R1100 bikes ($99). Very limited function. It reads ABS-2 codes, Motronic codes and it can tell you if your TPS is within spec voltage setting. It also can clear the stored codes. You have to load the software on a computer and connect the device to the USB port on the computer.

Adapter? It's possible I am wrong, but I don't think the typical GS911 can connect to the R1100RT. The company (Hexcode) makes a completely separate device that ONLY connects to the 3-pin interface found on the R1100RT and some other R1100 bikes ($99). Very limited function. It reads ABS-2 codes, Motronic codes and it can tell you if your TPS is within spec voltage setting. It also can clear the stored codes. You have to load the software on a computer and connect the device to the USB port on the computer.

The new adapter is different than the original adapter they offered years ago that worked with the yellow version, fitting on the socket

The current one says it replaces the former one on the website and is a seperate device indeed

Last edited:
I have the new three pin version of GS-911. You can't run the fuel pump, all you see is limited diagnostic details and fault codes.

Back