• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Riding Modes

Can anyone describe the actual differences between "ROAD" and "DYNA"? Also, what exactly does the "RAIN" mode do? The manual isn't very clear.

RAIN changes the throttle mapping, essentially making it less responsive so it's more difficult to break the rear wheel loose with the engine.
I believe DYNA gives you a more responsive (than straight linear) throttle and also allows you to skid the rear tire a bit on pavement. I need to go find the write up the dealer gave me (he acknowledged the manual does a poor job describing the modes).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

RAIN changes the throttle mapping, essentially making it less responsive so it's more difficult to break the rear wheel loose with the engine.
I believe DYNA gives you a more responsive (than straight linear) throttle and also allows you to skid the rear tire a bit on pavement. I need to go find the write up the dealer gave me (he acknowledged the manual does a poor job describing the modes).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
You are correct.

Best mode for off road?

I had a similar question about the difference between enduro and enduro pro. I know the pro mode has more direct throttle, no ABS to rear tire, and is designed for riding off road with knobby tires per the owner's manual. I just fitted the bike with K60 Scouts and plan to ride the Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail in a couple weeks. The K60 is a 50/50 tire, not sure if BMW considers it to be "knobby", the route has gravel, sand and mud. I find I use only dynamic mode on the road now that I'm used to the bike. The tires are new and I've only used enduro mode off-road since it seemed better designed for the Anakee III tires that came with the bike. I'm tempted to put it in enduro pro and not think about it further. I'm an experienced road rider but do not have a ton of off-road experience so I'll probably keep a slow to moderate pace. I'm sure I'll have some opinions of my own by the end of the trip but I would like to hear thoughts from those who have been there and done that already.

Enduro Pro is absolutely appropriate with your K60s (I use it with TKC80s).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back