• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

02 R1150R ABS help

slowrider60

I just received my ABS module back from the shop. I was doing my annual winter maintenance which includes a brake bleed and I accidentally broke a pin off of the main connector. I sent it to Module Master for repair. I appreciated them being able to do this for me. I reinstalled it this weekend. i fill;ed it and started with the front circuit and that went well. I than proceeded to the rear and the pump sounded like it was working but wasn't drawing any fluid into the pump. I thought there may be a air bubble somewhere preventing the pump from working and tried bleeding the lines and still no luck. There is no pressure coming from my rear brake pedal. The ABS unit was working fine before I sent it in. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?
I would appreciate any info that the group may have that would help me sole this problem. i haven't ridden in about a month now and can't wait to get back on the road.

I don't see anything in the similar threads panel at the bottom of the page that would help. I then tried google's site search:

site:bmwmoa.org abs bleeding

I used that in the google search box and got a lot of threads that pointed to discussions about bleeding an ABS system. Check some of them out and see if there's any help there.

I don't see anything in the similar threads panel at the bottom of the page that would help. I then tried google's site search:

site:bmwmoa.org abs bleeding

I used that in the google search box and got a lot of threads that pointed to discussions about bleeding an ABS system. Check some of them out and see if there's any help there.

I did look there. Thank you very much for trying to help.

Probably because you are not a member. I am.

PM me your email address and I will send you the .pdf

I fortunately had found it on another forum. Thank you for your offer. Fortunately I repeated the bleed process one more time and what do you know! all is well know in my garage.
i was so happy that i rode to work today. 30 degrees out thee door just south of Boston with more snow coming tomorrow 3/31/17. This winter will never end.

Back