• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2013 r1200 rt

_RockZ_

Seeking the 4TH dimension
I guess I need to find engine number in order to transfer a title from Michigan to Minnesota

Can someone point me in the correct location of said number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. Was a little hard to find but Because of your direction EASY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 BMW R1200RT Anniversary Edition?

Couldn't help but notice your post on finding the engine number on a 2013 BMW R1200RT. I've been watching all over the place for a 2013 Anniversary Edition RT myself. Just by chance I'm wondering if you may have purchased the one in the area of Grand Rapids, MI?

I've recently agreed to purchased one out of state (In PA). I'm just about to begin the work of titling as well as transporting it home. I just thought it would be a coincidence to have such similar situations going on at about the same time.

Best of luck to you with your new RT. I hope you love it.

Brett Riewe
Elk River, MN

New 2013 Anniversary Edition

I had a 2005 for many years and loved it. bought a 2015 GSA to do some extreme rides, then sold it and bought a 2013 with only 7K miles on it in November. It looks like it has never been ridden in the rain (it was from CA). Love it, but, it is different from the '05.

I'll try to share my experiences with you on this thread.

2013 rt

Anyone have issues with the BlueTooth system? I've gone to Bose noise canceling ear plugs and given up on BT.

Also, Somewhere there are pictures of spark plugs in which the lower plugs are black and the upper plugs are light brown (perfect in my understanding of what they should look like). Any progress of you trying to change the black to light brown by using plugs of different heat ranges?

Blue tooth etc.

Bluetooth on my 2011 is awful. If you get the plugs BMW recommends they are $$. Some people swap plugs upper\lower.

Ear Plugs

Anyone have issues with the BlueTooth system? I've gone to Bose noise canceling ear plugs and given up on BT.

Also, Somewhere there are pictures of spark plugs in which the lower plugs are black and the upper plugs are light brown (perfect in my understanding of what they should look like). Any progress of you trying to change the black to light brown by using plugs of different heat ranges?

Are the Bose ear plugs stereo earplugs supplying music? If so, the best way to take advantage of the stereo system on a later model RT is to use the rear speaker connector. You can purchase the adaptor from BMW that hooks into the rear speaker connector and wire in to 3.5mm female. You then locate the fador control and run up the rear speakers to max canceling out the front speakers and you're hard wired into the stereo system through the female 3.5mm stereo plug.

Scott

Are the Bose ear plugs stereo earplugs supplying music? If so, the best way to take advantage of the stereo system on a later model RT is to use the rear speaker connector. You can purchase the adaptor from BMW that hooks into the rear speaker connector and wire in to 3.5mm female. You then locate the fador control and run up the rear speakers to max canceling out the front speakers and you're hard wired into the stereo system through the female 3.5mm stereo plug.

Scott

I agree with both of the previous comments. I'm doing my first service after buying my 2013 late last year, with only 7K miles on it this coming Tuesday. New plugs are or the menu. My meanderings discovered the thread detaining the wiring mod to the sound system and it is great. Much better than the BT. And, yes, the plugs are stereo, noise canceling plugs. They take away most of the wind noise and all of the exhaust noise. With the OEM radio I can choose AM/FM, MP3, or Sirius/XM.

What are your experiences with engine oil and reduced consumption as the engine wear-in on these cam-heads? And, on valve adjustments?

At 83k on my 2013 and I still have to top off about half a quart of oil every 6k or so. Haven't had to adjust my valves for the last 30k or so, so they really do seat in.

At 83k on my 2013 and I still have to top off about half a quart of oil every 6k or so. Haven't had to adjust my valves for the last 30k or so, so they really do seat in.

What oil? Some burn off more than others.. And 6,000 miles is about my change interval so it would never get topped off.

The Castrol RS 10W40 synthetic. It's annoying because it often needs a top off just before it's due for a 6k service. It also isn't always necessary.

Keep in mind most of my miles are done at about 4500rpm on the freeway commuting about 600 miles a week.

The Castrol RS 10W40 synthetic. It's annoying because it often needs a top off just before it's due for a 6k service. It also isn't always necessary.

Keep in mind most of my miles are done at about 4500rpm on the freeway commuting about 600 miles a week.

my weekly commute is about 400 miles at about the same rpm....i use Mobil 1, 15w50 and burn nearly zero (ok, cant really measure the loss) oil....i am at nearly 80,000miles in 45 months...

funny how this engine serial number thread turned into an oil thread....go figure...LOL

Back