• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Black Block of Styrofoam

Indeed. And a while back I hit a bunny rabbit with my 2014 Ford Focus. It is in the shop as I type. The bill - $2,200. The days of the 5 mph bumper are long gone, replaced by a bunch of expensive but throwaway plastic parts. Ugh!

I think there are bugs in Texas that can do that kind of damage nowadays.

Cheaper than the ferry from Halifax to St. John's. Think she would make it?
I know the RS is fast, but I'm not sure it can reach a terminal velocity sufficient to accomplish that task. :)

There are two such blocks on the K13GT, one on each side down low inside the fairing... what are the chances of those foam bits being available in the parts channel 10-12 years from now?

Don't think you'd need or want a BMW part # for those in 10-12 years time. Just take one to a shop that deals in that type of foam and buy ones that they cut to shape for you. Just like their oil, bolts, connectors, solenoids, Nav-V, etc., BMW doesn't make that stuff, they buy it from the actual manufacturers.

I used to have a German Ford that had a driveshaft guibo. From Ford you couldn't buy the quibo itself but had to buy the entire driveshaft assembly for $1,400~!!! So I simly went into my BMW car dealer and bought the same part from them for $30~. If there'd been any Fiat dealers left in NA at that time I could have bought the same part from them for $20~. IIRC, the part was originally from a heavy Fiat sedan, and when BMW needed a quibo for one of their earlier 3-series they simply bought the Fiat part from the manufacturer and had that manufacturer stamp BMW and a BMW part number on it. Very common practice within the industry.

Back