• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Heinrich tank tool box lid

1961BMWR69S

1960R100S
Just picked up a 9 or 10 gallon Heinrich tank over the weekend. It has the large tool box . The led is missing. If someone might have the one or know where I can find one . Any help would be great. Thanks

I havn't a clue on where to buy one. I have a couple of buddies who can probably fabricate a good acceptable lid if needed.

If you want something to fit until you actually find an original "Oldtimers" is actually making a large tank looking cover out of plastic to fit over a standard tank just for "the look". Don't ask me why? But it does have a real lid on it and when painted you can't tell the difference between this toupee fake tank and a real one sitting right next to it. See if they'll sell you just the lid?
It's a recent active subject over on the vintage site, VBMWMOA so go there and check it out.

Tool cover.

Here are a few photos of the tank thats on my R90/6.

IMG_5376.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_5378.jpg

I believe it's a 9 gallon version. There is a sticker that has Typ Fuhrmann1 on it.

I could take photos of the lid with a tape measure next to it, if that would help.

Bill

Last edited:
Back