• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Solo Seat

Liaison
Staff member
Anyone have any thoughts on getting a solo seat for a /2? My R69S came with a bench seat and I'd like to convert to the solo seat. I'm inclined to look for a Denfeld but know that the Pagusa was also used. Should I go totally repro or would it be "cooler" to find an original setup and get it refurbished? Where should I be looking? Thanks...

Kurt in S.A.

20774 said:
Anyone have any thoughts on getting a solo seat for a /2? My R69S came with a bench seat and I'd like to convert to the solo seat. I'm inclined to look for a Denfeld but know that the Pagusa was also used. Should I go totally repro or would it be "cooler" to find an original setup and get it refurbished? Where should I be looking? Thanks...

Kurt in S.A.

There is a German company that makes excellent repros. I have one on my R75/5. For some reason, I can't remember the name, but I've got it at home. I'll edit when I get there about 10:30 pdst.

Originals rarely show up on ebay, I've been searching. IMHO, it might be worth it to find an ORIGINAL, in perfect condition. But you'd pay through the nose for it. I think the Siebenrocks are two steps above what a locally refurbished original pan would be.

Ah, I remembered, it's Siebenrock .

Although I don't see it, I remember them having the seat you're looking for. IIRC, you want to email Roland. (The solo seat for my /5 isn't listed either, and I KNOW I got it from Roland)

Last edited:
check in over at slash2 yahoo group. they can fill you in on the sources. there are several in the states as well as overseas.

slash2

You should be aware that the repros have certain problems. There's a repro with the name Steiger in the seat cover. The mechanics of it are correct, but the cover itself is made from soft rubber, and you end up riding mostly on the seat frame.

Another problem with rubber is the "silent block" rubber that is used as a shock absorber under the seat. A piece of rubber is bonded between the two metal pieces that bolt to the frame and the seat bar. Some repros of this piece have rubber that is too soft. My first one had me hanging onto the handlebars when riding more than about 45 mph. As I'd never ridden anything else at the time, I was amazed when a friend told me that the rubber block was somehow wrong, and I should sit on his bike. He had bought an official BMW Mobile Tradition repro part from Craig Vechorik.

You're right, both Denfeld and Pagusa are correct seats for these bikes.

Thanks, Darryl...I knew about the Steiger after reading Roland's book. I hadn't heard about issues with the silent block. I figured the best sources are either Vech or Huggett but wanted to see if there were some things to look out for. I've also saved some posts from you and others on the /2 list so I'll recheck that.

Kurt in S.A.

Back