• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

ISO - Tire recommendations for '15 RT

Iso

Initial impressions are positive with the 01's - haven't had time to get many miles on them but my first impressions are the turn in is slower (less twitchy and don't need to make multiple corrections on the line), front end seems to feel a bit heavier (not necessarily a negative), tracks well in a turn allowing me to look further ahead without making corrections to the line.....Michelins had about 7500 miles on them and noticed the high frequency vibration in the handle bars is gone - front tires had irregular wear on the blocks due to mostly highway driving - don't know if the 01's will have a similar issue at 7.5K miles. Will have an opportunity to put the bike through it's paces in a few weeks in the mountains and will have them fully bedded in.

Appreciate the comments from all

I just replaced my OEM Metzler front tire with an Angel GT (non A spec) at 14,250 miles. I'll let you know how it goes.

I had Angel GTs on my 2009 Concours 14 and loved them. Great in twisties and wore well. It will replace the stock PR4s on my 16 with the Angel GTs when the time comes, though I am happy with the PR4s.

Just put on Angel GT's (specA on the rear) and love them so far. Very stable, good traction dry and wet. Put 500 miles on them so far, Another 1500 starting Thursday...

Back