• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2008 GS fuel gauge strip

abates

I have a 2008 R1200 GS that I bought new in 2009. I have just under 60,000 miles on it and am on my fourth fuel gauge strip. Today it started acting up. You probably know the routine: the yellow triangle and the flashing Fuel! Fuel! Fuel! while there is still a half tank left. The dealer has been great but it is a giant pain to take the bike and leave it for replacement #5 that probably won't last. If it were later in the year, I would wait for snow and take it in, but that is not the case this year. What makes it even worse is that I never use the fuel gauge, I just keep track of mileage. Here is the question: Before I resort to covering the annoying message with black tape, does anyone know if the thing can be disconnected without screwing up something else, and if so, how? Thanks in advance.

Back