• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Shinko Tires

afmeyer

Does anyone have any experience with the Shinko 009 Raven tires or the 016 Verge Tires?
2015 R1200RT

Last edited:
I ran two sets of Ravens on my 2008 R1200R, including on one of our trips to AK and back. I found them to be a good all around street tire. On the AK trip the tires were used up in about 5,500 miles, but the bike was heavily loaded and the roads were predominantly chip seal. The other set was used on lower 48 roads, including on some long trips, and the rear lasted over 7,000 miles. That is about average for me on the R. The Ravens did well in the rain and performed well when riding on dirt/gravel roads for over 100 miles (the roads were dry and in good shape). My riding seldom includes pushing the bike or tires close to their limits, so I cannot comment on the performance of the Ravens in those circumstances. I think the Ravens offer good bang for the buck.

Back