• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Has Anyone Heard Anything About Navigator VI?

That Nav 6 doesn't seem to fit its cradle very well - as though it's not quite rectangular.

The fit looks similar to my Nav V.
P1030264.JPG

P1030084.JPG

I really doubt the interface platform will change from NAV V to VI when it becomes a reality, there are way too many reasons not to.

Looks like that's the case. This is a quotation from the NavVI BMW Motorrad page:"Navigation preparation ex works for the K 1600 GT, K 1600 GTL, K 1600 GTL Exclusive, R 1200 GS (from 2013), R 1200 GS Adventure (from 2014), R 1200 RT (from 2014), R 1200 R (from 2015), R 1200 RS (from 2015), S 1000 XR, more models to follow"

Also it appears that the 2017 and onward models of the K 1600 GT, K 1600 GTL, K 1600 GTL Exclusive and R 1200 RT will now be able to display the "MyMotorcycle" data, which previously was only available while mounted to a GS. Nothing new there for vs the Nav-V, but it is an added feature that these 2017 and newer models will be joining the GS in making that data available to the GPS.

Also it appears that the 2017 and onward models of the K 1600 GT, K 1600 GTL, K 1600 GTL Exclusive and R 1200 RT will now be able to display the "MyMotorcycle" data, which previously was only available while mounted to a GS. Nothing new there for vs the Nav-V, but it is an added feature that these 2017 and newer models will be joining the GS in making that data available to the GPS.

Also stated:" The MyMotorcycle status page is only available when the unit is not in the vehicle; it displays the information last received by the vehicle in tabular form. It also shows service information, such as range, fuel reserve activated, tyre pressure front/rear, mileage, vehicle ID number, service date, service road stretch, active warning message(s)." (emphasis mine)

The same limitation applies to the "Last Ride" data.

So you have to remove the unit from the mount to see the info? That sounds too stupid to be true. If they were afraid users would be reviewing this data while riding, they could have simply required that the bike not be moving. You'd think a GPS could figure that out...

Also it appears that the 2017 and onward models of the K 1600 GT, K 1600 GTL, K 1600 GTL Exclusive and R 1200 RT will now be able to display the "MyMotorcycle" data, which previously was only available while mounted to a GS. .

This is currently available when using the NAV V on my 2016 R1200RS. It's probably available on the R1200R LC.

Also stated:" The MyMotorcycle status page is only available when the unit is not in the vehicle; it displays the information last received by the vehicle in tabular form. It also shows service information, such as range, fuel reserve activated, tyre pressure front/rear, mileage, vehicle ID number, service date, service road stretch, active warning message(s)." (emphasis mine)

The same limitation applies to the "Last Ride" data.

So you have to remove the unit from the mount to see the info? That sounds too stupid to be true. If they were afraid users would be reviewing this data while riding, they could have simply required that the bike not be moving. You'd think a GPS could figure that out...

On my RS "My Motorcycle Information" is available when the unit is in the cradle and I use this screen a lot when I don't need the Navigation screen.
I can have 16 different values displayed on one screen.

" My Motorcycle Status" and "My Motorcycle Last Ride" is only available when when out of the cradle or maybe when the bike is off. I don't look at this info often and there's no reason to view it while riding.

"Last Ride" has info like number of gear shifts, Avg. throttle position, how many times you used the brakes, ect.

This is currently available when using the NAV V on my 2016 R1200RS. It's probably available on the R1200R LC.
Good to know Lee.

It appears to be that the ability to transmit this data is via the LIN Bus system. It is possible that BMW has been expanding their LIN Bus connectivity/usage with each new model they release. Certainly haven't been very good at getting the word out as to what they're doing, but, what's new. ;-)

On my RS "My Motorcycle Information" is available when the unit is in the cradle and I use this screen a lot when I don't need the Navigation screen.
I can have 16 different values displayed on one screen.

" My Motorcycle Status" and "My Motorcycle Last Ride" is only available when when out of the cradle or maybe when the bike is off. I don't look at this info often and there's no reason to view it while riding.

"Last Ride" has info like number of gear shifts, Avg. throttle position, how many times you used the brakes, ect.

"My Motorcycle status" has things like current miles on the bike and when the next service is due.

"My Motorcycle" appears as one of the Apps. When you open you see it's a folder with three apps (discussed above) in it.

Back