• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

There's a word for Panjo Marketplace...

I just created a listing in the new MOA Marketplace. When I hit "Submit" a page full of scary-looking code appeared, but the listing seems to have gone "live" anyway.

My thanks also to whoever made the decision to move away from Panjo.

Okay, someone help me out here. Panjo is no longer involved in the MOA marketplace? But all the bikes and stuff that people had listed on Panjo are still on Panjo and have not been automatically transferred to the new MOA only site? So it will take a while for everyone who listed bikes, etc on the Panjo site to realize they are no longer being viewed by the MOA membership and that they need to take it off Panjo and re-list it on the new MOA site? I'm just trying to follow all this. I didn't see a link to the "old" Panjo site on the MOA webiste, am I missing where that is? Or do you have to "Google" Panjo and find the old site until the changeover is complete?

It does appear the new MOA site will be much nicer to use than the Panjo one. I would be one of the first to agree on that. Thank you to whoever did the work/ change to the new one. Is that you, Ted? We all appreciate it, I'm guessing.

Back a few posts, Ted posted this-

A new Member Marketplace will launch March 1, 2016! The new Marketplace will give MOA members the ability to buy and sell motorcycles, parts, gear and accessories in a simplified marketplace. We think you will find the new Marketplace easier to navigate and it integrates easily with the MOA's existing systems. This means MOA members need only their MOA username and password to access the new Marketplace.

The existing Panjo Market will be available to members through Panjo's website and active listings will remain in place at Panjo.com until cancelled by the seller. The current Marketplace forum listings will remain active for the next 60 days and MOA members will be offered help to migrate to the new system.

The Marketplace is still free to MOA members with no restrictions on the number of listings. MOA Members who want to get a jumpstart can begin listing March 1! To find the new Marketplace, simply click the Marketplace title on the MOA homepage menu bar.

It's all in the works.
OM

Well, I read all that material. It really doesn't address the issues that I was questioning, but that's okay. I managed to muddle through the last change to Panjo, as they constantly tinkered with it. Eventually the dust will settle on this new incarnation and we will all see the light.

Well, I for one am missing some of the things I liked about Panjo--the newest listings clearly arrayed on the front page, the nice big pictures to mention two. But I didn't appreciate that Panjo and the MOA-Panjo linkup were still beta when released to members and that Panjo insisted upon inserting shipping requirements and PayPal into the business transaction. So all in all. I'm not mourning the loss of Panjo but am lamenting the loss of the two specific likeable features I mentioned. The new marketplace is, to me, not as well organized and takes more clicking and drilling to get a quick look at what's newly listed, or to browse the first few pages of recent listings.

The original Marketplace, both in the ON and online, provided exactly what many of us wanted--a quickly scannable look at what's listed and phone/email/PM contact to gather info and privately arrange transaction terms with no middleman intrusion. We didn't need fancy graphics or artistic layouts for that, and I hope that is the gold standard the new Marketplace is working toward. Simple. Concise. Efficient.

Thank you to Ted and all the others who have put a lot of work into this member benefit!
Best,
DG

Back