• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Phoenix Rides?

I am going to be spending the Xmas holiday riding in the Phoenix are. Does anyone have some tips a places, sites,roads, etc.? :dunno

108707 said:
I am going to be spending the Xmas holiday riding in the Phoenix are. Does anyone have some tips a places, sites,roads, etc.? :dunno

Hey - PM me and maybe I will go with you.

Best bet is to head South - do Tombstone, Bisbee, Sonorita Pass.

Gong North may be okay or may be cold. Same thing with going East, although you can usually make it East ut US 60 t Globe for a nice Suday ride.

Great riding area.

What part of Phoenix are you staying in.

A nice ride is out of the northwest side of the valley. Take highway 60 (Grand Ave.) towards Wickenburg, then 93 for a few miles to Hwy. 89. Take that up through Yarnell then towards Prescott. The road splits at Kirkland junction, right takes you through the twisties into Prescott (more technical, more fun but more prone to traffic), left takes you through Skull valley (more sweeping type stuff, also very fun). Both are great. I usually take one way on my way up and the other coming back. Leaving Prescott on 89 head north towards Jerome. Jerome is a bitch'n little old mining town with a great little restaurant call the Jerome Palace "Home of the haunted hamburger". You can sit on the patio and look out over the red rock country while you eat. Good food and reasonable prices. When I tell the wife that I'm goin' out for a burger, this is the ride that I take. It's about 300 miles 'round trip. Or....

You can continue north out of Jerome thru Cottonwood and go thru Sedona and up the Oak Creek Canyon. Traffic's nasty but if you've never been there you should go. Very beautiful. Or...

Out of Cottonwood you can head east on 260 towards Camp Verde and back up on the "Rim" and go thru Strawberry and Pine to Payson. From there you can take 87 back to the east side of the valley. That makes for a nice loop that can be done easily in a day.

I must point out that some of this involves elevations over 7000 ft so check the weather and dress warm. I'm sure you're laughing at a "Zonie" telling you about cold but it may be nice here in Phoenix but in the teens up north.

Feel free to look me up when you get here. I'm always game for a ride.

Tom Krause
Ozonkiller@msn.com

I agree with ozonkiller...very neat ride that is and incorporate Jerome as suggested for sure.

If you have a GS or a bike that you don't mind getting dirty...try the Apache trail via Tortilla Flats and it will eventually lead to 60 and Globe. Heck anywhere out there is awesome...it is where I am tonight actually...lol

Back