• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Riding style and groups

mustangguy

I am in search of joining a group or person who has a similar riding style to me. It seems like a lot of folks want to do bike trips like a tour bus. Up early, ride 7-8 hours, settle down, get up early again, ride 8 hours, settle down, ride 6 hours, etc etc etc. I ride for the sake of enjoying the destinations and from time to time enjoying the actual ride. Although I am 50-ish, I do like the adrenaline pumping from time to time, and do tend to speed... I smoke cigarettes, I drink, and I am a bid foul mouthed usually attached to my sense of humor. Although I haven't been drunk in years, I do like a wee dram or a pint now and then. :1drink

1: Hitting the throttle from time to time for the thrills
2: twisties!
3. short to mid length rides
4. enjoying an area for a day or two before moving on...
5. hitting the alternate route on my sat-nav
6. walks and hikes and smelling the roses
7. friendship and loyalty
8. pubs :beer
9. family

Dislikes:

1. Long rides on 4 lanes
2. riding slow all of the time
3. complainers

PS: I live on the border of Ohio and WV...

I am in search of joining a group or person who has a similar riding style to me. It seems like a lot of folks want to do bike trips like a tour bus. Up early, ride 7-8 hours, settle down, get up early again, ride 8 hours, settle down, ride 6 hours, etc etc etc. I ride for the sake of enjoying the destinations and from time to time enjoying the actual ride. Although I am 50-ish, I do like the adrenaline pumping from time to time, and do tend to speed... I smoke cigarettes, I drink, and I am a bid foul mouthed usually attached to my sense of humor. Although I haven't been drunk in years, I do like a wee dram or a pint now and then. :1drink

9. family

Dislikes:

1. Long rides on 4 lanes
3. complainers

What the heck is the "Herd"

I like your name. I have visited that distillery. Very nice...

As for who the Herd is, just watch this video:

Just one of those things. With the evolution of college sport logos, I was thinking it might have been one of the mid-size Michigan schools. But, that's the wrong region for the sub-forum

9. family

Dislikes:

1. Long rides on 4 lanes
3. complainers

Hope you find a compatible riding partner.

I like your name. I have visited that distillery. Very nice...

My wife and I rescue and rehome abused goldens. Being Vermonters we started naming them after cheeses: Colby, Cheddar, Monterey Jack. But we eventually ran out of cheeses so switched to booze. Glenfiddich was an incredible dog who stayed with us and is buried in our meadow near the pond he loved so much. Right next to Tetley (British Ale), Tadcaster (porter), Molson, Killian Red.

Even Barley is a boozy name...

Finding compatibility can be hard. The rider I spend the most time with, beside my wife, I meet in Europe in 2007, on a Beach's Alps tour, he is 18 years my senior (77 this year), and rides like the wind in tight technical roads, which are my favorite too. He is from Florida, I live in NY. Since '07 we have meet in NC 1 or 2 times per year to tear up the back roads , including dirt. Luckily I have also meet a small group of like minded riders, most from NC.

There is nothing more fun than 4 or 5 equally skilled, and like minded riders on a spirited ride of challenging twisty roads. I consider myself lucky, to say the least.

Finding compatibility can be hard. The rider I spend the most time with, beside my wife, I meet in Europe in 2007, on a Beach's Alps tour, he is 18 years my senior (77 this year), and rides like the wind in tight technical roads, which are my favorite too. He is from Florida, I live in NY. Since '07 we have meet in NC 1 or 2 times per year to tear up the back roads , including dirt. Luckily I have also meet a small group of like minded riders, most from NC.

There is nothing more fun than 4 or 5 equally skilled, and like minded riders on a spirited ride of challenging twisty roads. I consider myself lucky, to say the least.

Top notch!

Back