• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Got my RT back!

JOR99RT
Hey there MOA'ers,

I just bought a 99RT from a friend in Minneapolis, and rode it back to West Linn, OR. In 3 days. Yeah, I'm crazy. But 1800 miles in 3 days is an accomplishment, for me at least. I actually put 600 miles on her before I left MN, mostly to get my riding chops back, since I hadn't touched a bike in 12 years. It all came back pretty easily, and the ride was amazing. My throttle hand feels to be made of clay, but it's getting better.

This bike is the spitting image of the one I bought new in '99. I sold that one in '03 during a financial contraction, and now I have my baby back.

She has 41k miles, runs like a top, pulls to the right if you unhand her, (she is, after all, an RT) and is gorgeous. Same year, model and color as my original baby.

I just re-upped my MOA membership. I'm browsing the forums for info on care and feeding, since I'm a bit rusty and haven't been caring for a bike for the same 12 years.

Just saying "howdy", glad to be back riding, back on a BMW, and back in this stellar company.
:wave:dance::thumb

Gratefully,
*John

P.S. Looking for buds to ride with in the Portland, OR area. And yes, I imagine there's a forum for that, too.

Welcome to the forum!
Local clubs and club events are a good place to find like minded riders. There is a regional section for you that might help as well.
Good luck with the ride, any questions- just ask.
Gary

Welcome. Just joined MOA for the first time last month. I have a '04 RT and use AmsOil 20/50. Works great. Also have a '06 F650 GS and just found out I can use the same in it. Also had a '96 RT and ran AmsOil in it until I sold it at 106k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum!
Local clubs and club events are a good place to find like minded riders. There is a regional section for you that might help as well.
Good luck with the ride, any questions- just ask.
Gary

Thanks, Gary, I've already gotten one question answered, in detail. Love the forum!:love

Hey there MOA'ers,

I just bought a 99RT from a friend in Minneapolis, and rode it back to West Linn, OR. In 3 days. Yeah, I'm crazy. But 1800 miles in 3 days is an accomplishment, for me at least. I actually put 600 miles on her before I left MN, mostly to get my riding chops back, since I hadn't touched a bike in 12 years. It all came back pretty easily, and the ride was amazing. My throttle hand feels to be made of clay, but it's getting better.

This bike is the spitting image of the one I bought new in '99. I sold that one in '03 during a financial contraction, and now I have my baby back.

She has 41k miles, runs like a top, pulls to the right if you unhand her, (she is, after all, an RT) and is gorgeous. Same year, model and color as my original baby.

I just re-upped my MOA membership. I'm browsing the forums for info on care and feeding, since I'm a bit rusty and haven't been caring for a bike for the same 12 years.

Just saying "howdy", glad to be back riding, back on a BMW, and back in this stellar company.
:wave:dance::thumb

Gratefully,
*John

P.S. Looking for buds to ride with in the Portland, OR area. And yes, I imagine there's a forum for that, too.

++++John!
I know that feeling-not having a bike especially BMW for the period of time-.I sold my BMW R75/6 in1978,and did't ride till 2011.That makes like cca. 33 years without the bike.:hide Now I feel myself like a teenager again.:dance
BRGDS,
Steve

++++John!
I know that feeling-not having a bike especially BMW for the period of time-.I sold my BMW R75/6 in1978,and did't ride till 2011.That makes like cca. 33 years without the bike.:hide Now I feel myself like a teenager again.:dance
BRGDS,
Steve
Thanks for your reply, Steve. Glad you got back on a beemer! And a beauty, too, I see from your profile. 33 years without is a long run - good on ya for getting back in the saddle.

Welcome Back

John,

Welcome back to the club - we've been waiting on you, let the party begin.

Come join us in Billings for the International Rally!

Thanks for being a member!

Back