• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What have you done to your Wethead today?

I have had Skene P3's on all my previous bikes, but I'm considering the Billie for my 2015.

However, I can't tell exactly what it does... Does it flicker? Does it have different brightness? Does it only function with the brakes applied?

Thanks.
I have the CANopener running the trunk brake light on my RTW instead of an add-on light like the Billie light, but the principles are the same. The unit runs the LED at low brightness as a running light (no flicker), flashes as a bright brake light at different rates/patterns per user selection, and goes solid. It will not flash when standing still.

I have the Skene lights on my other bikes, and prefer them for the flicker, and the fact that I can re-trigger the flashing when stopped by re-applying the brakes. The Clearwater system doesn't have the flicker or the re-trigger functionality, but I use it on the RTW because it was essentially "free" to me, as I already had the CANopener and the trunk brake light and just needed to make the wiring connections.

Got my new NavV working on my 2016 R1200RS. Tried to set up a route with Basecamp and gave up in disgust after a couple of hours. Did it on Tyre in 10 minutes.Then tried to figure out why I couldn't find it after uploading to the Garmin. Sure like to hide things away, don't they? RTFM!:scratch

I have had Skene P3's on all my previous bikes, but I'm considering the Billie for my 2015.

However, I can't tell exactly what it does... Does it flicker? Does it have different brightness? Does it only function with the brakes applied?

Thanks.

The Billie brake light is very bright, lower for running, higher for brakes. It is programmable for how it flashes and works very well.

It does not have the flicker the P3s have, but is pretty good. Great license frame too.

Jim :brow

Got my new NavV working on my 2016 R1200RS. Tried to set up a route with Basecamp and gave up in disgust after a couple of hours. Did it on Tyre in 10 minutes.Then tried to figure out why I couldn't find it after uploading to the Garmin. Sure like to hide things away, don't they? RTFM!:scratch
Look in Trip planning

I was unable to post last Friday but I picked mine up from the dealer and rode it home

So far, I like it

I also had a 2009 R 1200 GS

Today I removed the tire diaper . . . or whatever that plastic thing is on the back tire

I was unable to post last Friday but I picked mine up from the dealer and rode it home

So far, I like it

I also had a 2009 R 1200 GS

Today I removed the tire diaper . . . or whatever that plastic thing is on the back tire

Let us know the next time your ride in the rain if you get spray up your back

Jay

Installed a Denali air horn and then used it to shave three years off an old lady's life as she began to blindly change lanes into me. Nevertheless saw someone whip there head to the left and the wheel to the right so fast.

Let us know the next time your ride in the rain if you get spray up your back

Jay

Last night it rained . . . this morning I installed the mudguard

For some reason, now I think the mudguard is gorgeous

Oh well, ride often, ride safe, enjoy it

Sargent seat yesterday. Short ride says I am going to be happy. Will get a longer ride in tomorrow

Pete
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out of storage fluid change

I changed the FD oil along with flushing brake fluid and a engine oil change.
017907e220c8110ab21a06546fe2afa2204c93f262.jpg
And installed a top bag I picked up at BMW of Pcola FL today.
bag4.jpg

Spooned on a new rear pr4 gt, oil and fd oil change, inspected rear brakes and installed my new to me bakup backrest. Ready for my ride to and through the ozarks, up to the motogp in Indianapolis then back home via Pittsburgh and PA next week.

Per my shop book, Every two years or 20000KM. I had it in storage since Nov 2013 so I went and did all fluids at same time. With the help of JVBs disk it was a snap. I was a bit worried about doing the brakes but now I have another skill in the tool box and future money saved down the road on shop fees. Not that I don't drop cash every time I walk into a dealer there is always something I have to have.

I had the wife with me yesterday and she wanted a t-shirt and did not notice the price till check out, $40 for a Tee, you got me on that one BMW!:jawdrop I guess them German words cost more to print?

View attachment 51028

Nice photo of the rear drive oil change. Do you know it is not necessary to remove the rear mud guard to fill the rear drive? All you need is an extension for your fill cap driver. When you replace the guard be sure to use medium strength loctite(blue).

View attachment 51028

Nice photo of the rear drive oil change. Do you know it is not necessary to remove the rear mud guard to fill the rear drive? All you need is an extension for your fill cap driver. When you replace the guard be sure to use medium strength loctite(blue).

Good copy on removing the mud guard. I took it off to bleed the brakes. Thanks for reminding me about the loctite; I think I forgot that! I'll throw a dab on the bolts this afternoon.

Laminar Lip

Brunhiida1 (1 of 1).jpgInstalled a Laminar Lip today and gave her a bath.

Attachments

• Brunhiida (1 of 1).jpg
    Brunhiida (1 of 1).jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 517
Moved the GPS on my R1200RS on its mount so it's more vertical and doesn't reflect the sky all the time. It came with the GPS lying flat - I only just realised it swung on the mount, thanks to another post!

I picked up the BMW tall seat for my 2015 R1200GS today. It's nice! Glad I brought a bungee net with me to haul the old standard seat home.

Harry

Harry, what is your inseam, please? I also have a '15 GS and it came with the low suspension (and therefore the low seat). I am really folded up on this bike, and I am a new rider so I am on a steep learning curve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back