• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Evans Waterless coolents for 2014 R1200GSW

Other than track day requirements of no glycol, what is the perceived need ?

I looked at the site, but not seeing anything to sway me.:dunno

Check out the evan's video on Leno's Garage...

I like the idea of eliminating the major cause of corrosion for the bikes system by getting rid of water in the coolant...

I like the idea of eliminating the major cause of corrosion for the bikes system by getting rid of water in the coolant...

What if any is the corrosion concern with BMW water cooled engines? I have a few hundred thousand miles on water cooled K and F bikes with nary a corrosion issue so am curious why it seems to be a problem?

What if any is the corrosion concern with BMW water cooled engines? I have a few hundred thousand miles on water cooled K and F bikes with nary a corrosion issue so am curious why it seems to be a problem?

Paul,
wouldn't dirty mineral filled water Vs distilled water cause problems? I.e. water pump wear, possibly head a block wear if dirty enough.

Agree clean water and anti-freeze should not have any corrosion concerns.

Paul,
wouldn't dirty mineral filled water Vs distilled water cause problems? I.e. water pump wear, possibly head a block wear if dirty enough.

Agree clean water and anti-freeze should not have any corrosion concerns.

I guess swamp water, dirty water, or high mineral well water could be a problem. But it seems to me that simply using distilled water rather than this waterless coolant would be sufficient and a lot less expensive. Unless, that is, you are racing or doing track days where glycol coolants are not permitted. Even then, plain water is allowed, as is Water Wetter.

If you're really concerned instead of distiller water use deionized water. It is one step purer then distiller and contains no mineral content. Distiller water still contains minerals. You should be able to pick it up at a water purification center. You know, the places that purify and fill those 5 gallon containers used for your drinking water. Just call and ask if the have any DI. We use it in the plasma power supplies inter grated into our machines and those can run as high as $125,000.

Evans Waterless

Reviving an old thread...

https://www.evanscoolant.com/

I saw Evans Waterless Coolant on Jay Leno's Garage and put it in my 1993 Suzuki VX800 when it was time, according to the owner's manual, to change the coolant. That was about 7 years ago and it's been fine since. The fan - seems - to go on less when going slow on a hot day but I have no real data on that part. It does not have a temperature gauge so I don't have that data, either. Anyway, I put it in as a forever solution and so far, so good.

I have noticed that the manual on my 2022 R1250RS has absolutely no mention of coolant checks, replacement, or top-offs.

Is this just not an issue with BMW Wetheads? Would this coolant even be helpful? If BMW doesn't post a "change your coolant" date or mileage - then I'm trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

Back