• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Paint Color Code

sickticket

Ok, here's a question I have not seen on this forum. The bike is in the shed for the winter and I am having the panners repaired and painted. Two drops and slight scratches but enough to hinder the beauty of the bike.

My buddy, who restores rare cars is more than willing to do the work but he noticed silver or gold flakes in the paint (2013 R1200RT - Anniversary model). He asked me for the paint color code for the bike. I know where to find in on some cars but don't know where to look on the bike. I don't even know if they put it on the bike somewhere.

Does anyone know if the color codes are listed or where I could find them?

Odd question but the right place to find the answer.

Thank you in advance.

Peter

Don't be surprised if an automotive paint supplier or body shop says they can't find the color. There is a seperate database for BMW Motorcycles. I nearly went mad looking for paint for my 2011 RT when the body shop finally realized there was a seperate code chart for bikes.

Thanks for the colorrite information. I went to their website and plugged in my information. They gave me the color codes for the regular 2013 R1200RT but I have the 90 Anniversary edition and they gave no link for that color combination. I sent them an email asking help.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Look under the seat

If you can get to the bike in the shed, look under the seat. Paint code should be there.

Should be Color N43 - 90 Years SM Sapphire Black Metallic

Color code on 2013 RT

is nowhere to be found.....:(

i did, however, order what i think was the correct color (the silver color of the Fluid Gray Metalic model) from ColorRite....we shall soon see...

BMW Light Magnesium Metallic #8001 from their list for the 2013 RT

wyman

Ok, here's a question I have not seen on this forum. The bike is in the shed for the winter and I am having the panners repaired and painted. Two drops and slight scratches but enough to hinder the beauty of the bike.

My buddy, who restores rare cars is more than willing to do the work but he noticed silver or gold flakes in the paint (2013 R1200RT - Anniversary model). He asked me for the paint color code for the bike. I know where to find in on some cars but don't know where to look on the bike. I don't even know if they put it on the bike somewhere.

Does anyone know if the color codes are listed or where I could find them?

Odd question but the right place to find the answer.

Thank you in advance.

Peter

I had some farkles painted to match my 90th anniversary. The shop took some kind of computer scanner and scanned or took a picture a piece of the painted surface. He told me that the closest match was a Toyota paint. I will see if I can get the code from him. It was in a small shop in Carrington ND. Population 4 or 5 hundred. He did it for a very decent price and the job was just as professional as a big city place. I have some more items that I am going to get painted also. You might want to take some of the screws and paint the heads of them also.

Bernie

Last edited:
If you want BMW paint, i.e. Glasurit, see Holt BMW, Athens, OH. I sure wouldn't mess with Toyota paint.

Back