• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

92 K75S Fuel Range

rcbimmer
Wondering how far most of you go in between fill ups. I have only hit 200 miles a couple of times and it should be no problem. Yes I can figure out how far it can go but not sure if all the gas is accessible. Thanks.

I start looking for a gas station around 150 miles. Light usually comes on around 160-175 depending on how I'm riding, but when your at or near the light, fuel can slosh away from the pump under hard acceleration causing a stumble. Wouldn't want that to happen when I'm pulling out in front of an on coming car!

To me, it's all about SMILES per gallon, not miles per gallon.

:dance:dance:dance

Me too.

The fuel pump has to work extra hard when you're running low due to the sloshing. Best to refuel with at least a half gallon left in the tank.

Thanks guys. I was thinking the same thing about the gas sloshing around the tank. 150 to 180 seems to be about right.

I'm right around 150-170 on my S before the light comes on - don't forget that the fuel helps to cool the fuel pump as well!

if the bike stumbles when you accelerate hard, you're about out of gas. (pickup is towards the front of the tank)

When I rode my K75S across Nevada's Loneliest Road in America (US Rt 50) I didn't pass
any gas stations without stopping and topping up. Usually at about 120 miles I'm ready
to stop (way before the gas tank is empty). Water in and mostly water out. Add 2 to 3
gallons and away I go.

im with 98lee...

i wanna fill up approx 150 to 160 miles... i have not had a fuel pump failure... i attribute that to replacing the fuel filter every approx 10 thou and keeping enough fuel in the tank so the pump doesnt starve for fuel or overheat... for me thats approx 150 to 160 miles...

j o

Back