• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The Killer Bee has been Totaled

KillerBee

Last Thursday, as I was pulling into my community, I was struck from behind by a car. My bike is totaled and I have some truly horrendous bruises. Insurance will take care of the K1200S and ambulance/ emergency room tour. The big question is what do I replace my bike with? I'm thinking R1200R/ R1150R or something way different like a Xmoto or Xchallenge. Maybe a Sertao? There are too many bikes I haven't owned yet. :laugh

Glad you're not too badly hurt. You need at least 2 bikes, one of them should be a Ural! :laugh:laugh

Same thing happened to me a few years back (totaled '03 CLC)...my latest purchase is a '14 R1200RT, which has an optional LED trunk brake light. Just got a call about a potentially defective rear shock and not to ride it, but it's a great bike, nontheless, and I'm willing to go through the teething pains.

K1300S will be closest thing to it, although maybe you won't like the saddlebags.
The K1300S is almost exactly what I have now and the saddlebags are meh-worthy. Been there wrecked that. ;) Now I want to try something different. Hence the Xmoto, Xchallenge and Sarteo references. The bike will mainly be used for commuting (40 miles every day) Sundays rides with BMWNEF and the occasional road trip.

Same thing happened to me a few years back (totaled '03 CLC)...my latest purchase is a '14 R1200RT, which has an optional LED trunk brake light. Just got a call about a potentially defective rear shock and not to ride it, but it's a great bike, nontheless, and I'm willing to go through the teething pains.

I could start wearing an LED/bubble wrap jacket with matching LED/bubble wrap pants and Tiki-torch on my helmet. They still wouldn't see me. Can't see what you're not looking for.
Enjoy your new bike!

The new S1000R looks interesting. Lite weight and it even has cruise.

The K1300S is almost exactly what I have now and the saddlebags are meh-worthy. Been there wrecked that. ;) Now I want to try something different. Hence the Xmoto, Xchallenge and Sarteo references. The bike will mainly be used for commuting (40 miles every day) Sundays rides with BMWNEF and the occasional road trip.

Sounds like you need a R1200RT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back