• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Some thoughts on the new RT so far PLUS color-matched top case

Ya know Hog, I don't have shift ass't...may be there's a difference? Anyone know?

Not sure what the big deal was. Simple adjustment. Took it out for a test ride and everything was okay. No German came out of the sky threatening me with a firing squad. Maybe it was the unknown the tech was concerned with????. My peg lowering blocks are due on Thursday. I will put them on and make some final tweeks and see what happens comfort wise. Dan and I had some interesting banter about the bluetooth is an earlier thread. It is a lot better. I found out most BT head sets can't pair with but one music player at a time. To use the Nav V media player I had to unpair the bike. I down loaded the music to a flash drive and plugged it into the aux in the dash compartment. It works great plus for some reason the quality is much better. Before you go off Dan it is subjective to my ear. Sena has a new head set comming out , 20 S, that can pair to two devices at a time. However they didn't reccomend using it with the BMW audio system since BMW (Alpine ) uses a propriertary code. But since the aux works well I am good to go. Wonder wheel changes tunes and volume.

Not sure what the big deal was. Simple adjustment. Took it out for a test ride and everything was okay. No German came out of the sky threatening me with a firing squad. Maybe it was the unknown the tech was concerned with????. My peg lowering blocks are due on Thursday. I will put them on and make some final tweeks and see what happens comfort wise. Dan and I had some interesting banter about the bluetooth is an earlier thread. It is a lot better. I found out most BT head sets can't pair with but one music player at a time. To use the Nav V media player I had to unpair the bike. I down loaded the music to a flash drive and plugged it into the aux in the dash compartment. It works great plus for some reason the quality is much better. Before you go off Dan it is subjective to my ear. Sena has a new head set comming out , 20 S, that can pair to two devices at a time. However they didn't reccomend using it with the BMW audio system since BMW (Alpine ) uses a propriertary code. But since the aux works well I am good to go. Wonder wheel changes tunes and volume.

I will not go off...LOL The Suburban Lowering kit goes on pretty easy....for me, easier than on the '13. Just have to wedge a screwdriver in on those springs to pressure spring inward while ya wiggle the holder pin into place.

Scala Q9X already has a two channel BT capability, works great. BT on the Sirius alpine unit is not good but then I hardly use the Bikes BT but instead do earbuds direct. Direct thru the earbuds Sirius is acceptable. I doubt the BMW BT code is different story line. No doubt it has software to work the wiz wheel and that is no doubt proprietary.

MotoDan is right the Shifter adjustment is easy peasy ...Fine tuned the adjustment a couple of times, 60 seconds max after first time.

Scala Q9X already has a two channel BT capability, works great. BT on the Sirius alpine unit is not good but then I hardly use the Bikes BT but instead do earbuds direct. Direct thru the earbuds Sirius is acceptable. I doubt the BMW BT code is different story line. No doubt it has software to work the wiz wheel and that is no doubt proprietary.

MotoDan is right the Shifter adjustment is easy peasy ...Fine tuned the adjustment a couple of times, 60 seconds max after first time.

The Sena tech guy said the SMH10 would be ok with the BMW BT. I don't like being hard wired. I forget to unplug when I get off. Happens almost everytime I use heated gear.

The Sena tech guy said the SMH10 would be ok with the BMW BT. I don't like being hard wired. I forget to unplug when I get off. Happens almost everytime I use heated gear.

Had a Sena on an older model R12RT, it worked well if I put the treble and bass at minus 6 (-6) on intensity scales. Otherwise helmet speakers would be overwhelmed and sound inaudible. But by taking them to -6 worked well.

Had a Sena on an older model R12RT, it worked well if I put the treble and bass at minus 6 (-6) on intensity scales. Otherwise helmet speakers would be overwhelmed and sound inaudible. But by taking them to -6 worked well.
I have been wondering how hard it would be to switch out speakers. I was thinking about trying to swap in some torx speakers. The wires in the BMW communicator are very fine. If I screw up it is a $450 screw up. I have decreased the trebble and bass. That does help.

Ebony metallic top case

rt14-topcase.jpg

I used a 2013 top case on my '14 RT. Why? MSRP=$832. MSRP on 2014 top case = $1,600 with electric lock, and it is heavier.

Back