• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Member in Pennsylvania...

Tebpac

Todd
Hi all,
I purchased my first BMW in October last year and was bummed I was only able to put on 800 miles before putting her to bed for winter! I picked up a 2005 R1200GS. I'm really enjoying the bike especially since the weather has warmed up. I've been reading some posts and appreciate a lot of the info I've come across. I just signed up for my membership today as well. Here's to putting more miles on the bike and meeting new friends!:drink

Todd
State College, PA

local club

Todd.

We have a BMW club in central Pa.

www.lhbmwr.com

We also have a yahoo group that we can invite you to.

Give me a yell.

Jason

gsjay at kaplitz dot com

Hi Todd, Welcome!

If you are interested in getting dirty, click on teh GS Giant link below. We've got lots of events planned this year.

Thanks....

Just had my first taste of the packed dirt and gravel roads today. Had a great time. Hadn't done that since riding dirt bikes way back when. Can't wait for more..

Welcome Todd. With two kids at PSU, I get up to State College from time to time, though generally on four wheels, and when on two wheels, stick to paved roads. :D I like to stop in at Kissell Motorsports and look around.

Hi all,
I purchased my first BMW in October last year and was bummed I was only able to put on 800 miles before putting her to bed for winter!

We're going to have to talk about that. With electric gear, I go year 'round. I just stay south of I 80.

Hmmm....

I could just see the looks of the folks at work seeing me pull in during January. Of course with the way winter was this year, could've pulled it off. Need to do the 36000mi check up. Partly by myself and the dealer. I only have the one plug in outlet as of yet. I'm assuming you have to add another plug somewhere with your electric gear. I did see a battery operated vest this year......

I could just see the looks of the folks at work seeing me pull in during January. Of course with the way winter was this year, could've pulled it off. Need to do the 36000mi check up. Partly by myself and the dealer. I only have the one plug in outlet as of yet. I'm assuming you have to add another plug somewhere with your electric gear. I did see a battery operated vest this year......

I run a heat controller directly off the battery. Then during the winter I just stuff the cables under the seat and don't have to uninstall anything.

I have gloves, jacket, and socks. I've ridden to work when it's 18 but my cut off point for multi-hour weekend fun rides is about 34.

Even thought the winter was relatively warm, there is still a whole lot of highway department sand and gravel on some of the mountain crossings so I'm still holding off on going to places like Renovo and Benzette.

Great places...

to ride. Been to Benezette a few times as well as Renovo. Wycoff Run thru Sinemahoning to Coudersport and further north. Lots more to explore. How does your battery handle the cold?

I'll have to get your info on wiring to the battery. I have my battery tender pigtail hooked up to it right now. I thought about getting the second plug that goes up near the windshield but it's not meant for clothing to my understanding. Not enough amps I think.

I'll have to get your info on wiring to the battery. I have my battery tender pigtail hooked up to it right now. I thought about getting the second plug that goes up near the windshield but it's not meant for clothing to my understanding. Not enough amps I think.

I have the Heat Troller hooked into the battery on top of the Battery Tender pigtail.
I have cables running to the Heat Troller which I've connected to my windshield bracket with cable ties:

DSC_8209.jpg

The connection wires to the gear run from under the seat along side the Battery Tender pigtail. Then when spring comes, I just stick them back under the seat.

I have dual controls so that one manages the gloves and the other manages the jacket and socks.

Back