• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Germany Bike Rentals

daverae

We are planning a trip to Germany in May 2012.
Any suggestions for bike rentals in the Frankfurt, Munich or Hamburg areas?
How about "must sees" and "must eats" while were there?

One option might be to look into www.knopftours.com. Stefan rents bikes from his shop in Heidelberg where he also has a B&B. I understand he will arrange to collect you at the Frankfurt airport to get to his place where you can stay to "reset your clock" and adjust to the time change before heading out and get you to the airport when you head home.

One option might be to look into www.knopftours.com. Stefan rents bikes from his shop in Heidelberg where he also has a B&B. I understand he will arrange to collect you at the Frankfurt airport to get to his place where you can stay to "reset your clock" and adjust to the time change before heading out and get you to the airport when you head home.

+1, Gunny; Stefan provides great service, AZ Beemers #89 uses Knopf Tours every time we ride the Alps and Dolomites. Here I am with some of our rentals on our 2007 Tour:

IMG_2722.jpg

Knopf Tours

I first met Stefan Knopf in the early 1980s at the Iowa Rally (PSTA). He was riding an R45 with an unusual fairing (maybe a Habermann) and was on a round-the-world tour after serving in the German Army. 10+ years later I found myself stationed in Heidelberg Germany and ran into him again. I had seen his ads in the BMWON and recognized him right away. He even brought a trailer onto our compound to rescue my K75 with a sidecar once when it was feeling poorly. Stefan and his wife invited us to join them on picnics in the area around Heidelberg and even to join MOA groups visiting for tours or rentals. I would highly recommend Stefan as a long-time friend and trustworthy rider. He can also get you into the annual Veteran's Flea Market nearby for parts for vintage bikes. He is a very good contact for anyone visiting Germany on a BMW motorcycle.

v/r

I to vote for Stephan. Knopf tours is top notch!! I have used his rental many times and never ever a problem. Stefan comes to the Daytona Bike week and sets up shipping as well for your bike. He ships it and then in Germany it is housed (very reasonable) and keeps the battery charged. He also will arrange ANY work needed on your bike before you get their. He will pick you up at the airport.
You can also rent a bike form him. I have been renting a R1200GS. I am going back in 2013 and cannot wait!

Dennis
2009 R1200RT

Knopf again

Stefan has by far the best rates and his service is great.
He also runs a bed-n-breakfast and offers shuttle service from FRA airport.

I led a tour of the Alps last September when one of our bikes suffered serious engine damage (broken con rod or piston, piston impacted the spark plug and smashed it) in the Dolomites.
Here is the trip report including pictures of the smacked plug:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=744205

I called Stefan right away - that was about 1 pm - and at 8 pm that same day we had a new bike and were able to continue our journey.
Stefan is THE MAN! You won't be disappointed.

We are planning a trip to Germany in May 2012.
Any suggestions for bike rentals in the Frankfurt, Munich or Hamburg areas?

Frankfurt: Knopf as mentioned.
Munich: PM me, but not BMWs
Hamburg: too far north unless you plan on Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland.

I have some good accommodation recommendations if interested. PM me with your routes or approximate areas.

Back