• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R1200RT Oil Fill

patsslab

Greetings all,
I recently purchased a 2006 R1200RT. The bike did not come with a tool kit. I have a need to add some oil and am curious if the tool kit contained a devise to open the oil fill location. I used pliers to remove the plastic plug but I am sure this in not the correct tool for the job.
Pat

Yes it came with a plastic cap remover tool. Can get another one at dealer for a dollar or two.

The tool kit had a plastic tool to remove the filler plug. There are aftermarket plugs that use more common tools.

Back