• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

How does Search search?

WalterK75

Search seems to search for every word used in the Search request. It seems to be an "or" search. Can I search for a phrase?

It's not a very robust seach tool AFAICT. Using quotes doesn't seem to help. If you search for "ignition switch" (without the quotes), you'll get hits for ignition, switch, and obviously posts with ignition switch as a phrase.

To use the search tool, I find I have to almost know specifically the post from the past and use a word that will help find that post. I have to out-think the poster in some cases.

Another thing you can use is google site search. You would use something like this in the google search box:

["ignition switch" site:http://forums.bmwmoa.org/] (without the brackets)

That should find the phrase ignition switch only.

Back